SOLD - Pair of SUPER Super Heresy - SOLD

jimjimbo

This specific pair is sold, as of today, June 11, 2018.  However, I will have two more pairs in the next couple of weeks.

The SUPER “Super Heresy”

These are the speakers that lots of folks on the forum and on Facebook have been talking about, but most don’t have the time, cabinets or components to build.  Now’s your chance to acquire a pair of these awesome modified Heresy I’s that were originally researched and designed by our friend ClaudeJ1.

Here’s the original thread:

I had exact duplicates of the rear panels cut from half inch Baltic birch, so you will receive the new rear panels configured for this build, plus the original panel, should you ever want to revert to a regular Heresy (which is very unlikely, but you never know…)

I have the first pair complete, and planning to build two additional sets.   This first set has a black Duratex finish.  The other two sets (which are in process) have either a walnut oil finish or a stained raw birch finish, each of which are very nice.   Here is the first:

Beautiful black Duratex cabinet.  Sharp edges, great low profile texture.  All cabinetry joints have been sealed and reinforced with strong adhesive.  Slanted risers included.

Top of the line K55V SOLDER TERMINAL DUAL PHASE PLUG mid drivers with new OEM diaphragms.  Heavy cast K-700 horns.  New driver to horn gaskets.

New Fastlane Audio HF Elliptrac tweeter  horn with DE110 driver.  This is the only set that will have this tweeter set.  The other sets will have either Crites CT-125 (one set only) or Klipsch K-77.

New Eminence Kappa Pro 12A woofer.

Excellent quality crossover components with ClarityCaps in all positions, a new Erse 2.5mH woofer inductor, and configured to the type B crossover configuration that is required for this build.

Cabinet lined with acoustic eggcrate foam as called for in the design.  Rear ports installed as called for in the design, installed with Liquid Nails, and sealed with pure silicone.

I am not building these to turn a profit.   The overall cost of the materials is high, but worthwhile.   I am building so that others can enjoy the outstanding design that ClaudeJ1 spent a lot of time putting together.

I will ship these, but that will be the responsibility of the buyer.  Located in the South Bend, IN area.

These will be posted here on the forum, as well as on the Klipsch Owner Classified Facebook page.

Please PM me with interest and questions.

This pair - $950 plus shipping.

super heresy 1.JPG

super heresy 2.JPG

super heresy 3.JPG

super heresy 4.JPG

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I bet these sound amazing. 

They do, thank you.  Quite a bit of work to put them together, but it's fun.  And like I said in the listing, I had duplicate rear panels cut and drilled so as to preserve the originals, which I think was a good move.

6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

They do, thank you.  Quite a bit of work to put them together, but it's fun.  And like I said in the listing, I had duplicate rear panels cut and drilled so as to preserve the originals, which I think was a good move.

While it's a good, cautious move (for those purists who want to revert to original). However, I'm willing to be that after living with these, they never will want to revert because it would be a step backwards sonically. However, it may be useful for future resale to a third party "historical purist."

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

That didn't take long.....This specific pair is sold, as of today, June 11, 2018.  However, I will have two more pairs as mentioned above in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you Brandon for your compliment.

Nice work Jim. First class all the way. I hope the buyer will post some positive reviews, about the sound, on my original thread. If his reviews are negative, I hope he posts them here! LOL!!!!

• Haha 3

I have a pair of heresy II with upgraded heresy III guts on the way from @Gregg357 so I will do an A/B comparison and let y’all know what I hear. Having lost a good portion of hearing in my right ear I may not be the best person to review 😂😂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Veaux said:

I have a pair of heresy II with upgraded heresy III guts on the way from @Gregg357 so I will do an A/B comparison and let y’all know what I hear. Having lost a good portion of hearing in my right ear I may not be the best person to review 😂😂

You must be Jim' Buyer. Cool.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:23 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

You must be Jim' Buyer. Cool.

I read through all twelve pages of the original thread and with all the research you put into them, I already know I’m going to enjoy them.

• Like 3