Upgraded Klipsch Quartets *Rare*

wesgillett

I’ve had this pair of Quartets for a little over two years. They were my first legitimate speaker. Needless to say I was eager to get the most out of them and after replacing the tweeters with the crites titanium tweeters and installing new capacitors in the crossovers, these have served me well! My wife and I moved into a smaller home so these need to find a new home. 

The cabinets are in good shape, I haven’t done anything to the veneer. There’s one noticeable scratch on top of one cab that was there at the time of purchase. 

Grill cloths have some slight discoloration on them. Badges are tight and snug. A good warm bath would loosen whatever set into the grills. 

There is only one factory label left left on the rear of the cab. 

$525 and they’re yours.

These reside in Edmond/Oklahoma City. 

Id prefer not to ship these. Local pickup only. If it’s not too far we could potentially meet halfway.

They are listed on craigslist and Facebook marketplace as well. 

990C5D9A-94BF-495A-984A-F1D30655FFD7.jpeg

CE93D62D-5F97-46FC-95D2-61FB749440E2.jpeg

420D7920-7FCE-443C-BD60-833715758297.jpeg

F318E4A5-2F07-43A0-8B12-C4D9A5254D0A.jpeg

Edited by wesgillett
Additional image

23 minutes ago, TasDom said:

I could be wrong but I think the W/O is the "work order" and not "Walnut Oiled"

at any rate, good looking speakers and glws!

I think you are right and "W/O" is work order.  Your quartet labels look different than most I have seen (including mine).

My Chorus II have a "W/O" line on them too.

Great speakers, good luck with the sale.

5 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

I think you are right.  Your quartet labels look different than most I have seen (including mine).

My Chorus II have a "W/O" line on them too.

Great speakers, good luck with the sale.

From the research I did, these are early 90’s. I wonder if they changed the label in that window sometime. I’ve seen some KG series speakers with similar labels that came from that era. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm intrigued. I'm so caught up in Khorns and Lascala's that I never noticed this design before. What is the diameter of the rear woofer? I'd really like to hear these one day.

On 6/22/2018 at 9:30 PM, Tony T said:

I'm intrigued. I'm so caught up in Khorns and Lascala's that I never noticed this design before. What is the diameter of the rear woofer? I'd really like to hear these one day.

The Quartet utilizes a 10" woofer in the front with a 12" radiator in the rear. The Forte series also mirrors this design, but steps up to a 12" woofer in the front. And finally, the Chorus steps up to a 15" woofer but trades the passive radiator for front ports.