Crites Crossovers

Everyone,

I have a pair of Cornwall I's. I power them with a Harman Kardon AVR 7200. Everything seems fine.
     I was reading on Bob Crites' website that crossovers as old as mine should be replaced.

Could I ask if anyone has replaced their crossovers here? What did you think of the sound difference?

There are no returns on these crossovers so the best I could do is sell them on Ebay if I'm not happy.
Thanks much.

Mike Gallery

My LaScalas have Crites crossovers and tweeters and I am very happy with them. However, they were installed before I purchased the speakers so I cant compare. I did replace the caps (capacitors) on my Heresy speaker though and it made a pretty big difference, the speaker was much more tight and controlled. Bob Crites is very well regarded here and I would say you can purchase his crossovers with confidence.

• Like 1

As old as they are, your capacitors probably need replacement.  Nothing else. 

I am running B&C DE120 tweeters on Fastrac tweeter horns.  They are silky smooth and respond to a little over 20k.  I would recommend this combo over a horn based on the T-35/K-77 Horn.