Wtb Klipschorns

sammey

25 minutes ago, Macho Kiljoy said:

The is a nice pair from 1964 in Albuquerque on Craigslist.

Albuquerque, Ohio?  (just kidding, just kidding :laugh:)

@sammey about where are located in Ohio?  There usually is a steady supply of used Klipsch near Cinci and sometimes Columbus.  As you go north there is some stuff in Michigan.

I did a quick SearchTempest search and there is virtually NO Klipsch within a couple hundred miles of our area. (I'm in Parkersburg, WV)

You might open your search to FB Marketplace, Ebay (yuch) and on-line auctions like EBTH.com, Audiogon.com and USAudio.com, but Khorns look scarce right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am located in Muncie Indiana (47303). I have a spectacular pair of klipschorns I’d consider selling. If your interested feel free to call me at(765) 749-9792  I can give you all the details . Thank you.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:48 AM, wvu80 said:

Albuquerque, Ohio?  (just kidding, just kidding :laugh:)

@sammey about where are located in Ohio?  There usually is a steady supply of used Klipsch near Cinci and sometimes Columbus.  As you go north there is some stuff in Michigan.

I did a quick SearchTempest search and there is virtually NO Klipsch within a couple hundred miles of our area. (I'm in Parkersburg, WV)

You might open your search to FB Marketplace, Ebay (yuch) and on-line auctions like EBTH.com, Audiogon.com and USAudio.com, but Khorns look scarce right now.

I have had people ask me to ship to your area because they can't find anything close by. I checked and they were right. What is it that makes Klipsch so scarce there?

3 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I have had people ask me to ship to your area because they can't find anything close by. I checked and they were right. What is it that makes Klipsch so scarce there?

There are some places that sell high end stuff in those 30K package deals but have never seen any with K-horns. I had to order my RSW-12 sub new. 

JJK

7 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Back before the internet to buy Klipsch speakers there had to be a Klipsch dealer.  We had one high-end audio store in WV that I know of back in the 70's, in Morgantown, the home of WVU.  Even though it was a college town the actual population was less than $20,000, not enough people to sustain a local Klipsch dealership with the Heritage lineup.

You can find the odd set of Quartets or La Scala's now and again in West Virginia, but they are rare.

7 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

There are some places that sell high end stuff in those 30K package deals but have never seen any with K-horns. I had to order my RSW-12 sub new. 

JJK

How true and here in Nashville you can listen to B&W Buck Rogers looking junk but no high end Klipsch. I have to wonder what sort of incentives manufacturers beside Klipsch offer dealers to get them to ignore Klipsch.

9 hours ago, mark1101 said:

There is a nice pair in north Georgia complete with ALK universal networks and false corners should you need them.  They belong to forum member Cigarbum who is selling them.

Might be the best Khorns I have ever listened to. Thunderous bass, wooden Trax mid horns with monster JBL drivers. JBL 2404 baby cheeks tweets as I recall.   Yum! 

tc 

We recently restored those Ks to stock horns and drivers + the ALKs, and false corners at Bob's so they would be easier to sell.  But........the extras (horns, drivers) mentioned by IB Slammin are also available.  Bob made the wooden tractrix horns himself.  He is fine craftsman.  Heavy duty and on the money with dimensions.  He also always liked the JBL drivers and spared no coin when he put all this together.  So these extras are there.

We had one high-end audio store in WV that I know of back in the 70's, in Morgantown, the home of WVU.  Even though it was a college town the actual population was less than 20,000.

That's because 2 out of 3 West Virginians moved to Akron during 50s/60s

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On 7/10/2018 at 9:21 AM, Dave A said:

How true and here in Nashville you can listen to B&W Buck Rogers looking junk but no high end Klipsch. I have to wonder what sort of incentives manufacturers beside Klipsch offer dealers to get them to ignore Klipsch.

High end Klipsch would be Palladiums and Jubilees. Why don't dealers carry those? Are they afraid of pissing off the Limeys?