Atmos Enabled Elevation Speakers and Vaulted Ceiling

Explorz

I currently have a 5.1 system and am looking at adding a pair of Klipsch RP-140SA atmos enabled elevation speakers to the top of my two front bookshelf speakers.

What I'm unsure of is if they will bounce effectively off of my somewhat vaulted ceiling. I'm especially wondering if the sound will make it from the speakers past the plaster beam and fan and down to the listening position on the couch. Or will the ceiling beam effectively block the bounced sound away from the couch? It feels like the cross beam is exactly where the angled beam of sound would be hitting the ceiling.

I'm uploading 2 photos of the room. The speakers are on either side of the TV. In one photo 1 speaker has a blue potted plant on it an the other has a small lamp on it on the right side of the photo.

In the other photo the TV with a speaker on either side is to the left of the big windows.

Any thoughts about if upfiring speakers will get the job done in this room?

I have a Denon AVR S930H Receiver that I can run the Audessey speaker setup program on.

DSC_4326-1024x681.jpg

DSC_4341-1024x681.jpg

Edited by Explorz
Typo

That's a beautiful room. 

My experience was that the 140's just couldn't get the job done in my application so I returned them.  My ceilings aren't vaulted but they are 11 foot high in a room that is 13,000 cubic feet. It was big ask and I wasn't surprised by the result.

On 6/16/2018 at 5:06 PM, ellisr63 said:

Why don't you just get some speakers, and mount them to the ceiling?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

It is a rental.  So, I don't have the option of modifying any ceiling or beams.