SOLD Fantastic Scott LK-150 amp and LC-21 preamp matching pairSOLD

jimjimbo

SOLD If you are looking for a stunning vintage tube amp/preamp combination that sounds as good as it looks, here it is.....For your consideration is an incredible Scott LK-150 amp and matching Scott LC-21 preamp.  I've really hesitated putting these up for sale, but I am not using them, and I hope someone else can appreciate and enjoy them.  Both have been serviced by NOS Valves approx 2 1/2 years ago prior to my taking possession.  The LC-21 has had a new output transformer installed which was custom manufactured to meet OEM specs.  The LC-21 has a very rare brown face.  The LC-21 is missing some detail on the chassis, but otherwise is extremely clean.  All tubes in both units are top of the line.  LK-150 has vintage Tung Sol 6550, Sylvania 5AR4/GZ34 and RCA 7199.  All knobs are as original.  These units sound amazing.  The imaging and bass detail is fantastic.    Please PM me with any questions.  Thanks for looking.  $2950.00 plus shipping for the pair. 

Edited to improve photo lighting and add specs.

Specifications LK-150

Power output: 60 watts per channel (stereo)

Total harmonic distortion: 0.5%

Damping factor: 16

Input sensitivity: 1.5V

Signal to noise ratio: 85dB

Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω

Valve complement: 2 x 7199, 4 x 6550, 2 x GZ34/5AR4,

Matched with LC-21 preamplifier

IMG_4846.JPG

IMG_4847.JPG

IMG_4850.JPG

IMG_4853.JPG

IMG_4852.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 2:08 PM, jimjimbo said:

Sure would be great if the web site software didn't scramble the order of the photos, no matter how you upload them....Would really make it nice to create a good looking posting.

@Chad

They look fantastic.  Scott stuff is magnificent.  I've got a fully restored 340a and a pair of 210f Dynaural monoblocks.  Some of the most beautiful gear ever made by any manufacturer.  Scott gear does not get the respect it deserves.

3 minutes ago, Godataloss said:

They look fantastic.  Scott stuff is magnificent.  I've got a fully restored 340a and a pair of 210f Dynaural monoblocks.  Some of the most beautiful gear ever made by any manufacturer.  Scott gear does not get the respect it deserves.

Thanks very much.  The really great thing about the amp are the bias meters.  They are very sensitive and accurate so you don't have to mess around with a multimeter, etc.  I have only adjusted the bias once, when I first received it, and haven't had to touch it since.  They've been spot on each time I've checked.

• Administrators
On 6/14/2018 at 2:08 PM, jimjimbo said:

Sure would be great if the web site software didn't scramble the order of the photos, no matter how you upload them....Would really make it nice to create a good looking posting.

@Chad

After you submit the post, you should be able to edit the post and move the pics around. Another option would be to use the Gallery feature here and embed your gallery in your post. Galleries are pretty customizable in terms of ordering images and things like that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chad said:

After you submit the post, you should be able to edit the post and move the pics around. Another option would be to use the Gallery feature here and embed your gallery in your post. Galleries are pretty customizable in terms of ordering images and things like that.

Will try that.  Thanks