Heresy II's, worth what they're asking?

ACV92

18 hours ago, DizRotus said:

You did well.

Much appreciated Diz.  I'm seriously considering selling the 5.5's and going with these for now.  I didn't like how the original 5.5 diaphragms sounded in the Heresy's so I stole the Crites diaphragms from the 5.5's and put them in Heresy's.  Great improvement.  I'm a hard rock guy for the most part, so there's a loss of overall impact with the Heresy's, but the dynamics are sooo much better.  The midrange horn makes such a difference.  I'm listening to jazz right now and again, wow, great sound from these little guys.  

By the way, I think I've just enrolled myself in the D level Heritage club.  These two were born in '87.  Pretty sure I'm going to get new gaskets for all the drivers.  Looking for more upgrades now.  Too much fun.  One of the woofer gaskets was totally out of place when someone at Klipsch popped holes in it.  Thanks again all.  Smiling big with bottom level Klipsch.  Sound I've been waiting for.  Sorry, brevity is not one of my strengths. 

• Like 1

Dtel spoke a few words of wisdom when he found out I had LS.  Told me about this all being a slippery slope....  He's right!  Enjoy your new Heresy's!  They cook w/gas and what's a few more $ for something you'll have for a lifetime.  I know I'm not getting off mine!  Congrats  and enjoy the Heritage club but watch out for that slippery slope!  😂😂😎

• Thanks 1

Have been listening to them nearly the entire day.  Great thing is when you get on them they don't seem to fatigue.  The 5.5's would hit a point, a loud point at that, and seemed like they'd start to fall apart.  They could go louder but it wasn't worth it.  Another anomaly, my sub has disappeared.  With the 5.5's there was a definite localization.  With the II's it's all together.  All I did was turn the sub gain up one notch, no placement changes, etc., etc.  Can't wait to hear them with both subs.  Having a blast.  Thinking of doing a full refinish on the II's, eventually, for now I'm just enjoying the music.  Thanks again gents for the push over the fence.

BTW, Stevie Ray Vaughn sounds really good live.......

• Haha 1

You did well....enjoy.... KG 5.5's were one of my favorites from my younger days.....and you are correct they were great up to a point .....until they blew all the stuff off the coffee table...they were the first set of large tower speakers I bought .....sold them to get into reference series for a while

Enjoy the Heresy's

George,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Have been listening to them nearly the entire day.  Great thing is when you get on them they don't seem to fatigue.  The 5.5's would hit a point, a loud point at that, and seemed like they'd start to fall apart.  They could go louder but it wasn't worth it.  Another anomaly, my sub has disappeared.  With the 5.5's there was a definite localization.  With the II's it's all together.  All I did was turn the sub gain up one notch, no placement changes, etc., etc.  Can't wait to hear them with both subs.  Having a blast.  Thinking of doing a full refinish on the II's, eventually, for now I'm just enjoying the music.  Thanks again gents for the push over the fence.

BTW, Stevie Ray Vaughn sounds really good live.......

HAHAHAHA, seeeeeeeeeee  that slippery slope will get you!  Glad you're enjoying!  You're friends will flip wondering wth happened to you...  Ha!  Just kinda make them a work in progress until you're ready for your LS!  Yup, there ya go... Down the slope!  Enjooooooooy!!!  Cyaaaaaaaa!  😂😂😂😎

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

HAHAHAHA, seeeeeeeeeee  that slippery slope will get you!  Glad you're enjoying!  You're friends will flip wondering wth happened to you...  Ha!  Just kinda make them a work in progress until you're ready for your LS!  Yup, there ya go... Down the slope!  Enjooooooooy!!!  Cyaaaaaaaa!  😂😂😂😎

I know, I know....  I keep thinking about bringing them over and showing them my setup.  I imagine the look of wonderment when they see those little guys, until I hit the go button.  As I said before, my subs are literally bigger than the Heresy's.  Funny.  But the sound they produce is crazy.  Crap, I've got horny syndrome.  :biggrin: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I know, I know....  I keep thinking about bringing them over and showing them my setup.  I imagine the look of wonderment when they see those little guys, until I hit the go button.  As I said before, my subs are literally bigger than the Heresy's.  Funny.  But the sound they produce is crazy.  Crap, I've got horny syndrome.  :biggrin: 

Ahhhhh, never had horny syndrome although...  😂   Just take 'em out slow and easy,  make them all suffer a bit in bewilderment...  Relax w/it all and savor...  You''ll kill em that way!  Develop that little playlist...  Put it all in order as to you're mood...   Not in their face. just enjoy watchin them squirm...  My mailman stopped one day to say hey for a minute (I've known him for years)...  I told him to come on in and give all this stuff he's been delivering an ear.  I put him in the driver's seat on the couch and allll he could do was grin from ear to ear!  He's coming back for a beer or three!  lolol  :)

• Haha 1