SOLD Another beautiful restored Pioneer SX-1250 Reduced

jimjimbo

SOLD

I am the third owner, and since I purchased approx. 3 years ago, it has very few hours on it.  I have acquired far too much gear and it's time to let it go.  The person I received it from had a restoration done by a gentleman of the name Alan LaBorne.  This was a complete restore of all boards, caps, main filter caps, total cleaning of all switches and pots, and refinish of the walnut case. Output transistors are matching.   Custom stainless steel end caps were installed.  This unit sounds fantastic and the build quality is second to none.  This will easily drive two pairs of speakers at the same time, and has connections for 3 pair.  $1250 plus shipping.  Located in NW Indiana.

Please PM with questions or interest.  Thanks.

Specs:

Power output: 160 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Frequency response: 10Hz to 50kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.1%

Damping factor: 30

Input sensitivity: 6.5mV (mic), 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (DIN), 150mV (line)

Signal to noise ratio: 75dB (MM), 90dB (line)

Output: 150mV (line), 30mV (DIN), 1V (Pre out)

Speaker load impedance: 4Ω (minimum)

Dimensions: 556 x 186.5 x 464.5mm

Weight: 29.2kg

IMG_1797 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1798 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1799 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1800 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1801 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1802 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1803 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1805 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1807 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1808 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1809 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1811 (Medium).JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the compliments.  It's a beauty.  It has such clean power that driving a pair of LSI splits and a pair of HIPs is a truly fantastic experience....Turn the volume past 4 and you can't hear yourself think......

1 hour ago, whatever55 said:

Do you have any other pictures that are a little sharper ?  These seem to have a soft hue to them.... kind of like some glamour shots some studios do for portraits.  

Thanks

Yes, thanks!  I run a "Glamour Shots Studio for Vintage Audio Equipment and Vacuum Tubes"  out of the walk-in freezer in my basement, so it's always a bit foggy in there....

Reducing 5-12MP photos down to a size which is acceptable to upload to this site obviously causes a significant loss in resolution.    Also, the extreme close-up nature of some of these photos causes surfaces that are beyond the specific point of focus to be slightly blurred.  If you are seriously interested in this unit, please PM me and I will send you the high resolution photos.  Thank you.

Gorgeous, just gorgeous! Great piece of gear. GLWS.

I sold quite a few of these when I was in the business back in the day. Our Klipsch Rep. was also our Pioneer Rep. in Nor-Cal. I had the Spec 1 & Spec 2 myself.

5 hours ago, Hasty said:

Silver face pioneers are nice receivers for sure.  GLWTS

Thank you.  Have had lots of great compliments.  This unit is a beauty, and is functionally fantastic.  i've had it hooked to La Scala, Khorns, Chorus II's and others, and it is awesome.

11 hours ago, ARjetman said:

It's a bit difficult to tell from the photos but, are the lights original incandescent or LEDs? Thank you.

I honestly don't know, but considering the amount of work, time and money that went into this unit, I would have to guess they would be LED.  I really don't want to remove the faceplate panel and glass just to check that.  Hope that's OK.