Home Theater set up for TV...?

SilverSport

Does anyone use parts or all of a Home Theater set up just for TV...or for TV at all???

I have a smaller "Home Theater" set up...3.0 for watching TV instead of using the included integral speakers of that TV and the sound is nothing to write home about...

Panasonic SA-XR57 Home Theater Receiver

KLF-C7 Center Channel with Crites Titanium tweeter mod

RB-5IIs currently for mains...I have tried Quartets, Heresies and kg2s as Mains in the past

Oppo BDP-83

I have the receiver set up for just the front three speakers and haven't found the bass lacking for most television-movie broadcasts...Usually these programs are broadcast in some form of multichannel and I see that my receiver picks up on this and adjusts accordingly...

If I put in a DVD/Blu-Ray the sound quality jumps up quite a bit...

Is this just a symptom of broadcast (U-Verse in my case) quality or something I may be missing???...I understand that a sub would help but in it's location, I have no room for a sub and honestly the speakers tried have done fine for bass...that's not what I feel is missing...I've even tried a multichannel mix without the Center channel to see if that is part of the problem...

I do know that the KLF-C7 is not voiced for a couple of the speakers I've tried but I'm fine with this system when playing a DVD/Blu-Ray so I know this is not what this system is lacking...I also have a dedicated Home Theater elsewhere that does fine for movies and that system is 5.1 with of course a nice sub and Heresys across the front three...

Your thoughts or experience would be welcomed..

Bill

I have only one system and it is used for everything.  I get my TV from the fiber system we have and I can't say I notice any difference in sound from the STB or DVD.  DVD-A and Blu-ray often sounds better. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silversport said:

Does anyone use parts or all of a Home Theater set up just for TV...or for TV at all???

I have a smaller "Home Theater" set up...3.0 for watching TV instead of using the included integral speakers of that TV and the sound is nothing to write home about...

Panasonic SA-XR57 Home Theater Receiver

KLF-C7 Center Channel with Crites Titanium tweeter mod

RB-5IIs currently for mains...I have tried Quartets, Heresies and kg2s a Mains in the past

Oppo BDP-83

I have the receiver set up for just the front three speakers and haven't found the bass lacking for most television-movie broadcasts...Usually these programs are broadcast in some form of multichannel and I see that my receiver picks up on this and adjusts accordingly...

If I put in a DVD/Blu-Ray the sound quality jumps up quite a bit...

Is this just a symptom of broadcast (U-Verse in my case) quality or something I may be missing???...I understand that a sub would help but in it's location, I have no room for a sub and honestly the speakers tried have done fine for bass...that's not what I feel is missing...I've even tried a multichannel mix without the Center channel to see if that is part of the problem...

I do know that the KLF-C7 is not voiced for a couple of the speakers I've tried but I'm fine with this system when playing a DVD/Blu-Ray so I know this is not what this system is lacking...I also have a dedicated Home Theater elsewhere that does fine for movies and that system is 5.1 with of course a nice sub and Heresys across the front three...

Your thoughts or experience would be welcomed..

Bill

Are you saying the bass is weak while watching tv?  how is your tv hooked up, is it hdmi to the panasonic?  

• Thanks 1

no, I am saying the quality fidelity does not seem to be there but putting on a DVD or Blu-Ray instantly improves the sound...I just think the way TV is either compressed or set up for multi channel is so much less than DVDs and Blu-Rays...I was wondering if I was missing something with the TV...

Bill

4 minutes ago, rebuy said:

TV sound Should be comparable to a DVD. It must be how you have it hooked up.

Is your cable box or whatever you use, plugged directly into your AVR?

Somewhat but some broadcasts are just horrible.  Too much bass, too loud background noise, over compressed, too quiet, you name it.

Bill

• Thanks 1

I would also be concerned with this very low wattage AVR.

You could damage your speakers with a low wattage AVR.

If I were in your situation, I would visit Accessories4less and at least consider

something like this OR BETTER.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrs730h/denon-avr-s730h-7.2-ch-x-75-watts-networking-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html

2 minutes ago, silversport said:

100wpc should be fine or am I still missing it???

my Home Theater Outlaw 1070 is only 75wpc and sounds great

I was looking at your original post and you stated, I believe, that you're running a Panasonic.

I looked it up and it states it's 20 WPC

The uverse box defaults to stereo output, I guess to make sure it works on simple setups or just when you are using tv and not an avr. Go into the setup and change it to surround sound or 5.1 whatever the better option is. I think this will make a tremendous difference in both audio and video quality