78s Free to a Good Home

rplace

Anyone out there into 78 RPM records? I have two albums where the 78s are in sleeves sort of like a photo album. Guessing 20 or more discs. If there is interest I'll get you some titles/pix.

I had a great uncle that lived in Hartford City Indiana that was an amazing guy. Armature geologist, budding scientist, all around tinkering kind of guy. Some of my earliest memories are of him playing records for my family when we would visit. Groan :rolleyes:, me and my sisters just wanted to watch TV. From what I recall his audio equipment was ancient by my  standards in the late 60s early 70s. I bet there was some cool tube gear if I had only known. I would also guess he built some of it. No idea what happened to that.

Him and his wife are long gone;  my parents aren't too far behind, I fear, so I got the "records" about 10 years ago when things were being cleaned out. After all I was the only one that still had anything remotely resembling a record player. Never mind there is no 78 setting on mine.

I really just want them gone, but can't bare to throw them away.

Yours for the price of shipping if you want them. No idea if they are valuable or not. Tell me what to look for and I'll give you what info I can.

• Thanks 1

Wow, that was fast. You two are first in line. Do you want them no matter what or do you want some more info first? PM me your address or questions. If there worth a million bucks don't tell me it would only drive me crazy.:biggrin:

1 minute ago, muel said:

I won't use the old Victrola.  I've got a Shure 78 cartridge and can convert them over to digital.  No idea how soon I will get to it though.  I'll send a PM.

Cool, perhaps you could send me a digital file or two if anything interesting once you get around to it. Glad they have found a new home (group hug).:emotion-46: