Super MWM

Dave A

Dave or Claude--could you show the Hornresp input screenshot with all the driver parameters and horn segment sizes used?

Your basic horn/driver configuration might be useful for other fold geometries, too, or perhaps the horn length stretched a bit--for other needs.

Chris

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

Dave or Claude--could you show the Hornresp input screenshot with all the driver parameters and horn segment sizes used?

Your basic horn/driver configuration might be useful for other fold geometries, too, or perhaps the horn length stretched a bit--for other needs.

Chris

Dude, the only reason I pushed the basic design out to about 9 feet was because Dave refuses to use a subwoofer, so any further length stretching, as you  put it, would require a further name change, like MONDO MWM!! I already posted it elsewhere by another requester.

SuperMWMdataK43.jpg

23 minutes ago, jwc said:

Since yall have the data already in Hornresp....

K33 vs K43  vs......

https://www.parts-express.com/bc-15ps100-15-woofer--294-673

That would be a good choice also. The Inductive rolloff might affect the 400 Hz. output, but I'm trying to get Dave to cross at 300 Hz. or less if possible, so it could be inconsequential. Besides, he already has K-43's from John Allen as built by Gary Gillum, the co-patent holder on the MWM.

I have the 15PS100 and K43s.  The 15PS100 are what I found to work best in my snail horns (which I don't want to discuss).  They are very good.  You wanna really make some noise.....try the 15BG100.  Those will take your face off......but will struggle to get to 300Hz.

15PS100 in my application would get to 400Hz even with complex folds.

@Dave A   Just got a pic from kg4guy, of his building LS bins that are deeper and have the sides flare, making them also wider in the front. This also gets rid of parallel side channels. His old posts from around 2011 don't have pics attached anymore. I assume a forum upgrade ate them. The doghouse is standard LS size. I'll try to find the outside dims.

Bruce

IMG_4485.JPG.5fcccb6e8143141f3b53e4b4430f6ede.JPG.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Marvel said:

@Dave A   Just got a pic from kg4guy, of his building LS bins that are deeper and have the sides flare, making them also wider in the front. This also gets rid of parallel side channels. His old posts from around 2011 don't have pics attached anymore. I assume a forum upgrade ate them. The doghouse is standard LS size. I'll try to find the outside dims.

Bruce

IMG_4485.JPG.5fcccb6e8143141f3b53e4b4430f6ede.JPG.jpg

The more I think f doing this the less excited I am. If it is to be a horn the Super MWM is the one for me. Otherwise the KPT-456's are so much better than La Scalas that I would build a variant of the 456 before any La Scala type cabinet.

What was the end result of these? Did he measure them to know what they really did?

He made these in 2010 (?) and did some measurements, but as with the pics, all attachments disappeared.

38" wide x 32" deep x 23 " high.

@ClaudeJ1   did you ever model the larger LS? You were going to but you may not have gotten the horn dims.

Bruce