What are these

Neh4pres

21 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

They look like a cross between Klipschorns and something from JBL.

That they do...  Didn't JBL have a mid something like that in a monitor system year ago?  Electro-statics but not thinking so???  I've seen that before somewhere. Never heard it but remember it being funky looking like that.  What's hidden below could be scary too...   Maybe someone just threw something together outta spare parts.  BOOM!  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-JBL-4320-studio-monitors/273257420273?hash=item3f9f6955f1:g:w0QAAOSwbLZa0os~      Eyeball the smaller pics...  

• Thanks 1

That's very strange.. I wonder what the flaps do. I'm guessing that's the tweeter..  So if that's what they are using as the top.... Then there is no midrange horn?  Very odd.... And if the crossover was not changed, things may be out of whack. 

• Like 1

Out of whack?  It's a JBL...  Difusers over that horn???  This is from the link I provided...  

A legend in its own time, the jbl 4320 studio monitor was produced through the 1970's and 80's and marketed to the recording industry through JBL professional. This speaker went on to outsell all other professional monitors combined worldwide.

Essentially a very large two way, the 4320 consists of a 15" woofer with a 22 pound alnico magnet and a near full range horn crossing at 800 hz by way of the adjustable autoformer type crossover with an 16 ohm impedance. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:45 AM, Neh4pres said:

That's very strange.. I wonder what the flaps do. I'm guessing that's the tweeter..  So if that's what they are using as the top.... Then there is no midrange horn?  Very odd.... And if the crossover was not changed, things may be out of whack. 

They aren't "flaps"...but a diffusion device for the tweeter horn lens mouth, so that the high frequencies are not so much "in your face".  JBL used them on many of their HF horns in their speakers, ever since the 1950's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1