Kendrick Sound, Horns, Plasma tweeter, Tubes, Nice.

Shiva

I've watched several of those Kendrick Sound videos.  They apparently do great restoration work and offer premium White Glove service.

You will pay a lot of Yen for those speakers with that service.  🈶️ (Japanese sign meaning "not free of charge")

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I've watched several of those Kendrick Sound videos.  They apparently do great work with White Glove service.

You will pay a lot of Yen for those speakers with that service.  🈶️ (Japanese sign meaning "not free of charge")

Yes, his wares aren't cheap. He does seem to follow the model of "If you build it,  people will come"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YK Thom said:

I obviously need to get out more.

There is a speaker company called Lansche that use the plasma tweeters in their design. They are always at the different audio shows I have gone to.and I end up sitting for  extended times in their rooms, as they sound so good. The Lansche guy told me, that these tweeters have about a 5000 hour lifespan and then need to be replaced and they are not cheap.  It is cool to look down into the tweeter and see that they are lit up in there.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

All that fancy schmancy horn loaded plasmathingamajig coupled to a ported woofer.

And a direct radiator on top of that.

I wonder if when playing it smells like :pwk_bs: from excessive ions, it would sure feel like it after 5000 hours and they need to be replaced.

So why would anyone want the speaker wires (okay, cables in this case) going from the amp to the speakers through some kind of a junction box with all the additional contact points, crimps or solder connections, etc.?  Maybe there is a good reason.

• Moderators

He couldn't afford cable lifters after he bought everything else, and it makes it look special.

It sounded just like my headphones, OK it made my headphone sound good. But with these kinds of videos they always play music that would make most setups sound good, and usually something I have never heard  before. just me

15 hours ago, Seadog said:

So why would anyone want the speaker wires (okay, cables in this case) going from the amp to the speakers through some kind of a junction box with all the additional contact points, crimps or solder connections, etc.?  Maybe there is a good reason.

I am not 100% sure from the image, but the plasma tweeters need to be plugged into an electric source.  I think those white cables are power cords, plugged into a fancy schmancy power conditioner, perhaps.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I think those white cables are power cords, plugged into a fancy schmancy power conditioner, perhaps.

That's what I was thinking, they do have a great clear finish on the speakers, if you like high gloss, it looks like MANY coats.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Where do you buy your ions when you replace them?  Amazon Premium??

How do you put them back in the bag??

Yes Amazon or Ebay, "Ions are us" or "ions.com" is a good place and free shipping. :o:rolleyes:

There is an optional ion wrangler that's needed to control them, the mid priced ones are just fine, some people prefer the analog models but they cost more and need much more attention plus warmup time. 

12 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Where do you buy your ions when you replace them?  Amazon Premium??

How do you put them back in the bag??

Well, in the case of Lansche speakers, you call up the company,  send them a check for 5 grand and you will get 2 new plasma tweeters,  unless one needs to schlep them in to  the dealer to have them installed.   Once I heard about that little hidden cost, I lost all interest in their speaker line.