Certified Klipsch Heritage Dealers

Chad

• Administrators

We are taking steps to ensure people know there are still ways to listen to our speakers in a dealer showroom. We've started a Certified Heritage Dealer program, and have made some improvements to our online dealer locator as well. Check out the new and improved dealer locator, and more info about the Certified Heritage Dealer program here: https://www.klipsch.com/dealers -- you can even just look up all the Certified Heritage Dealers there, which shows what they carry as well as a pic of their showroom. This is just a partial list at this time... Many more Certified Heritage Dealers (and some additional dealer locator improvements) to come!!

Certified Heritage Dealers showcase a minimum of two dedicated 2-channel Klipsch Heritage Classic speaker systems in a home setting, in addition to other legendary and Inspired speakers in the line. These hand-selected dealers are fully capable and qualified to assist you find the ultimate sound experience. Please contact them to confirm they have a specific product before visiting.

Klipsch Heritage products are also available to order online from a select network dealers in the United States. The speakers will ship in book-matched pairs with the option of white-glove delivery service.

Look for this badge to when searching for Certified Heritage Dealers.

Certified-Klipsch-Heritage-Dealer-Badge-

Quick link to see ALL current Certified Heritage Dealers in the US: Click here!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

None within 250 miles of me:(

There probably is at least one within that range that hasn't yet been officially "Certified" as of yet. I have a list of 31 Retail dealers that are in the process or have already been approved. Stay tuned! We're still getting dealers to participate in this. In the meantime, you could contact the Klipsch dealers closest to you and ask them why they aren't yet a Certified Heritage Dealer. :)

• Like 3

This is a big deal that's been a long time coming, and I believe it will breath new life into "affordable hi-fi".  I can't tell you how many people have never heard Heritage models, and how blown away the very few that get to hear them are when they do...

I'd also recommend Belgium, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, UK, as well as Canada, Texas (DFW, Austin/SA, Houston), and perhaps southern California as potential focus sites for Heritage dealer certs.  Apparent demand and general levels of disposable income seem to be high for vintage and new Klipsch gear in those locales.

Chris

• Like 2

The Klipsch Heritage line of speakers is truly the best kept secret out there today and always has been.  Once someone hears my old LS and Heresy, naturally they wipe the drool off their chin and want to know where they can get them and hear the NEW stuff...  No problem, we'll drive from North Central Ohio to Indy to check them out...  Bring cash and we're taking your pickup so you can haul them home!  Gives new meaning to "Keepers of the Sound!"  Not whining just wondering why?  A focus on the home theatre @ Best Buy , is great but there are many young/old farts with the cash to spend who are craving more.  The Forum here is a great starting point for anyone new to Klipsch to start...  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

A focus on the home theatre @ Best Buy , is great but there are many young/old farts with the cash to spend who are craving more.  The Forum here is a great starting point for anyone new to Klipsch to start...  

Although I may agree I think the market for any age "farts" to spend this kind of money on speakers is shrinking considerably in the Home Theater Age....Not to say it's not there but smaller speaker technology (read: not as big of footprint) has increased considerably since these speakers originated, not to mention how many people listen to 2 channel material on headphones or ear buds...That said, I also feel the younger generation is more into games and those who still appreciate music will go the headphone or smaller speaker route (Not to mention spending money on the Virtual Reality technology coming out today and surround sound associated with it). My 2 cents. 

{Note: Btw, not trying to discourage KIipsch from doing this but folks coming to this Forum are the audience for these speakers...Unfortunately for Klipsch it's a mixed blessing/bag. Fwiw, most Klipsch Heritage owners here seem to recommend buying used and owning a piece of history which is the legacy of Paul Klipsch. }   

• Like 2

So there's only 11 in the entire U.S. that display some Heritage models....3 of which are in my state.  Wow...

Maybe give some non Heritage stocking dealers some sort of incentive to put them on display along with a dedicated amp...if their showroom permits.  At least that's what we offered dealers to stock higher end pieces of Onkyo or Integra, NAD, PSB, etc., back when I was a rep.  Dealers hate tying up open to buy dollars in display inventory unless it's something where they can floor plan with extended terms or, as we sometimes called, "net never terms". But if they are required to do a "1 up, 1 back" deal, that might kill it for smaller dealers thus limiting the show in the market.

Does Klipsch offer dealers a merchandise display program with net 90 or 120 terms for giving them a little longer time to pay?  Or maybe offer them the Rep Sample pricing or Employee Purchase Price and make it more attractive.  Just ideas from someone who spent close to 30 years in the industry with 9 years of those being a Manufacturers Rep.

Judging from what contact I have with the general public, though, I conclude that 99 percent of the general public doesn't even know what accuracy of reproduction is. My company is for the one percent composed of perfectionists who buy these expensive speakers. PWK

Klipsch Heritage is clearly alive.  Why would these dealers spend their money and time investing in their valued floor space to have them around?  I would hazard that the new models have something to offer over their 30+ year old counterparts. 

Chris

31 minutes ago, avguytx said:

So there's only 11 in the entire U.S. that display some Heritage models....3 of which are in my state.  Wow...

Maybe give some non Heritage stocking dealers some sort of incentive to put them on display along with a dedicated amp...if their showroom permits.  At least that's what we offered dealers to stock higher end pieces of Onkyo or Integra, NAD, PSB, etc., back when I was a rep.  Dealers hate tying up open to buy dollars in display inventory unless it's something where they can floor plan with extended terms or, as we sometimes called, "net never terms". But if they are required to do a "1 up, 1 back" deal, that might kill it for smaller dealers thus limiting the show in the market.

Does Klipsch offer dealers a merchandise display program with net 90 or 120 terms for giving them a little longer time to pay?  Or maybe offer them the Rep Sample pricing or Employee Purchase Price and make it more attractive.  Just ideas from someone who spent close to 30 years in the industry with 9 years of those being a Manufacturers Rep.

I am thinking it is a 200 + mile round trip  to Paducah for me to hear good Klipsch speakers. I can however hear the B&W junk at more than one place far closer. The only difference is one manufacturer is actively promoting product and getting "samples" before people and one is not. Klipsch marketing is just awful and the only reason their growth is not far greater is their self inflicted marketing wound in my opinion.

55 minutes ago, Dave A said:

The only difference is one manufacturer is actively promoting product and getting "samples" before people and one is not.

Perhaps this isn't the only factor.  I remember when Best Buy/Magnolia Audio dropped the higher end Klipsch HT (Palladium, RF-7II?) around 2010 (plus or minus a couple of years).  I suspect there is much more to the story besides a perception that Klipsch marketing is at fault.

I've not seen any Heritage models at Magnolia before.  This says a lot to me that these recent Klipsch dealers are stepping up to the line.  For me, this all says that Best Buy is the problem.  If Best Buy were actively trying to upgrade their loudspeaker sound quality, I think that Klipsch Heritage would have already been there.  I think that the big discount store required profit margins are the issue - Best Buy can't raise the price to get their "required margin" without pricing the product out of reach for the type of people that shop there.

I also haven't been to a Best Buy in many years now.  They're not relevant to my needs anymore. Klipsch still is.  If what Chad says comes true, the issue of too sparsely distributed dealer locations will heal itself over time, especially if the word-of-mouth sales is any indicator.

Chris

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, avguytx said:

Not entirely accurate. There are only 11 that are CERTIFIED Heritage dealers at this time. Meaning they participate in our program. There may be several other dealers near you that are pending certification or are not yet participating, yet still display Heritage products. One of the goals of this program is to highlight those dealers who proudly and properly display our Heritage products in their showroom. If you don't see any in your area, you should contact the other dealers in your area and check if they carry Heritage, and if they do, ask them if they plan on participating in our Certified Heritage Dealer program.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Totally agree with all of that too...  Today isn't yesterday anymore...  Crazy market out there and trying to keep everyone happy?  Ugh...  HOW?  lol 

I don't own Heritage but when I die I've instructed the wife not to accept anything less than a certain amount on my speakers so I will argue that it's part of my "happiness" plan. :) 

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

Klipsch Heritage is clearly alive.  Why would these dealers spend their money and time investing in their valued floor space to have them around?  I would hazard that the new models have something to offer over their 30+ year old counterparts. 

That's a good question and we will have to see if this plan comes to fruition...Otoh, I also feel there will be incentives to dealers to have them on display even if they don't plan on selling a ton/many for the historical and advertising (longevity of the brand) aspect of having  them to audition. That said, it does make sense in that regard and for those interested in what I described in my above post could still be those dealers bread-n-butter. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I suspect there is much more to the story besides a perception that Klipsch marketing is at fault.

It's all about a footprint to price ratio for Home Theater and that is what all of these stores are catering to. Hey, I'm an "old fart" and I can guarantee most folks my age aren't buying speakers for stereo. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I can guarantee most folks my age aren't buying speakers for stereo.  

Can you point me to data?  My information says just the opposite: multichannel HT sales are not doing very well and many HT box stores have been closed in DFW for a few years now. Stereo downloads are picking up steam. 

It's been harder going finding new multichannel recordings of late. 

Chris

• Chad unfeatured this topic