Certified Klipsch Heritage Dealers

Chad

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Chad said:

We've been adding several Certified Heritage Dealers to the locator over the past couple months. More to come!

Check it here.

21 listed, as of today.  Coast to Coast and starting to fill in.

I really like that it shows what speakers they have on display.

Travis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Schu said:

I'll be visiting a certified dealer here in California... It's the closet dealer I can find to Las Vegas. I hope they have an ak6.

You can't call ahead?  Or is it one of those deals where you are going to be in the area so why not check it out?

Is it LA area?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A suggestion for the Klipsch people. How about some scratch and dent Heritage (especially Heresy III and Cornwall III) to selected long established audio dealers for demo inventory on extended loan (and some Heritage only dealers). There's a superb dealer in Chattanooga, TN (in business since 1968, and the owner's a Heresy fanatic). College HiFi. He is reliable, and if there were some Heresies to demo, maybe some listeners in Eastern Tennessee could get turned on to the possibilities of great sound with NO BULL. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, Kent T said:

A suggestion for the Klipsch people. How about some scratch and dent Heritage (especially Heresy III and Cornwall III) to selected long established audio dealers for demo inventory on extended loan (and some Heritage only dealers). There's a superb dealer in Chattanooga, TN (in business since 1968, and the owner's a Heresy fanatic). College HiFi. He is reliable, and if there were some Heresies to demo, maybe some listeners in Eastern Tennessee could get turned on to the possibilities of great sound with NO BULL. 

I mean, I'm not trying to be smart but that's kind of the dealer's job, it just comes with the territory, he's supposed to buy speakers for people to demo.  If a dealer wants to have demo speakers on hand, they'll find a way to make it happen.  I don't see any reason to subsidize inventory myself.  

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I mean, I'm not trying to be smart but that's kind of the dealer's job, it just comes with the territory, he's supposed to buy speakers for people to demo.  If a dealer wants to have demo speakers on hand, they'll find a way to make it happen.  I don't see any reason to subsidize inventory myself.  

Nice to see that post of yours.  Made me realize I've had these Jubes for about a year now so I guess I should drop them off sometime soon.  I've really enjoyed listening to them though.  Perhaps down the road.  Thanks!  😂 😂 😎

On 12/23/2018 at 11:52 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I know this is how it is currently set up and if they help one they need to help them all.

I have a set of Chorus I's in my shop right now. In the original shipping box from the only owner since new and he bought them at Hi Fi Buys in Nashville in 1990. Today the best speakers at Hi Fi Buys are these truly execrable B&W things. I believe if good Klipsch was put side by side there Klipsch would outsell B&W hands down. So the premier audiophile store in Nashville does not have even one Klipsch speaker to hear. I would like to know what incentives they were offered to carry inferior gear by the OEM. It is hard to buy something you can't hear without a large trip being involved for many.

My guess is that B&W made Hi Fi Buys an offer which includes some stock at very heavy discount or show room stock provided or larger profit margins. They had to do something Klipsch was unwilling to do and so Klipsch loses a city to the competition because they did not show up.

Hey Cory how come your Jubes don't show up in your stock picture? Those are awesome speakers and the best ones there when I came to listen.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:05 AM, Dave A said:

I have a set of Chorus I's in my shop right now. In the original shipping box from the only owner since new and he bought them at Hi Fi Buys in Nashville in 1990. Today the best speakers at Hi Fi Buys are these truly execrable B&W things. I believe if good Klipsch was put side by side there Klipsch would outsell B&W hands down. So the premier audiophile store in Nashville does not have even one Klipsch speaker to hear. I would like to know what incentives they were offered to carry inferior gear by the OEM. It is hard to buy something you can't hear without a large trip being involved for many.

My guess is that B&W made Hi Fi Buys an offer which includes some stock at very heavy discount or show room stock provided or larger profit margins. They had to do something Klipsch was unwilling to do and so Klipsch loses a city to the competition because they did not show up.

Last  time I checked, Hi Fi Buys also had a $25,000 545 pound Thor's Hammer subwoofer from Wilson Audio on display which isn't exactly flying off the shelves.  They have the money and the space.  If they wanted to demo Heritage, they would.  Surprised to hear they don't have a single Klipsch speaker though, they used to have an entire Reference room, one of the first ones on the left when you walked in.  

On 12/31/2018 at 3:05 AM, Dave A said:

Hey Cory how come your Jubes don't show up in your stock picture? Those are awesome speakers and the best ones there when I came to listen.

Because I was told that Jubilees don't count as Heritage. :)  That's really the only reason I have La Scala's.  Heritage dealers have to display at least one pair of speakers with horn loaded bass bins.  I tried to use Jubilees but it didn't work.  Couldn't justify ditching the Jubilees just to get K-horns and I had no other good corners.  So, I got La Scala's.  

• 2 weeks later...

Although I have to say while I was fortunate enough to find one heritage dealer in reasonable driving distance near me, like 75 miles, when I was looking for a pair of LaScalas, the setup wasn’t quite ideal.  It was a small dealership, very nice and helpful and not arrogant as lot of high-end audio places can be, the Klipsch speakers, they had 3 types on display but no KH, were in the entrance area and there was a couch to the side so I was standing and lisitened to LaScalas and Cornwall’s.  There I could tell that to me the CW had a boxiness sound which I wanted to get away from and the LS had an openness to them.  I got the LSs and they sounded even better at home.  So, in short, while I wasn’t blown away with them in the showroom, I knew what they were capable of and was able to visualize their potential.  So somebody not too familiar with them or not quite sold on Klipsch Heritage might not experience them fully at a dealership with an imperfect setup.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, MVC said:

Although I have to say while I was fortunate enough to find one heritage dealer in reasonable driving distance near me, like 75 miles, when I was looking for a pair of LaScalas, the setup wasn’t quite ideal.  It was a small dealership, very nice and helpful and not arrogant as lot of high-end audio places can be, the Klipsch speakers, they had 3 types on display but no KH, were in the entrance area and there was a couch to the side so I was standing and lisitened to LaScalas and Cornwall’s.  There I could tell that to me the CW had a boxiness sound which I wanted to get away from and the LS had an openness to them.  I got the LSs and they sounded even better at home.  So, in short, while I wasn’t blown away with them in the showroom, I knew what they were capable of and was able to visualize their potential.  So somebody not too familiar with them or not quite sold on Klipsch Heritage might not experience them fully at a dealership with an imperfect setup.  

Awesome for you!