Patricia Barber - Touch of trash

Rebecca Pidgeon - Spanish harlem

Sade - Is it a crime

Sarah K - He got you

Sarah McLachlan - Angel

Susie Suh - Won't you come again

• Like 2

4 hours ago, willland said:

Nothing has ever been confirmed but that could be the reason they broke up as a duet.  Obvious flirty banter between the two that could have caused some insecurities and temptations that neither spouses thought healthy for their marriages

I can dig it. Heck, watchin' them sing Billy Jean with my wife on our 55" and then leading to other renditions and songs almost got me into trouble. ;) Thank god we have a healthy relationship because she say's, "Nope. I would leave your ***," and on that we agreed. She then goes and does her thing as I shed a tear while I continued watching the video....{Note: I also catch her watching Civil War videos in the evening on her I-pad while I'm upstairs rockin' to U2. lol.}

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Turn-Up-Quiet-Diana-Krall/dp/B01N80T6C6

Pretty much anything by her, but the RECORDING of her voice on this one is the best of all, and I own them all.

I will invest in this one Claude, I already have 8 of her albums and they are pretty much well recorded Thanks

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Emile said:

OK; just for fun ... Susan Boyle on "Britain's Got Talent."  It is a "must see," just to gauge the responce from the judges and the audience. :D 

So I watched that video, clicked on another one and on and on.

Before I knew it I had sat here for hours watching videos of people who really surprised and shocked the judges, its funny when they are way better than expected.

I don't watch these shows so I didn't know what to expect, it's funny when a 8, 10 14 year old walks out and sounds like an adult and does have talent. 

Many of these people should make all the  new wave of "autotune stars" of today worry.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, joessportster said:

I have mostly avoided female Vocals and so am woefully out of my element. After recent acquisition of Jennifer Warrnes Famous Blue Raincoat  I find myself wanting more female vocals of the same type quality. I often hear different folks here speak fondly of female vocals and so here I am asking whom you all think stands out in the crowd.

I have some Adele, Patricia Barber, and Diana krall and while they are good I frankly feel like they pale in comparison. Could be I obviously have not heard a great recording by any of them

Strange how ones musical tastes change over the years................... 

Lol,  Well, have you received enough leads yet in your desire to explore more feminine talent?  

I have been pretty much bored with male vocalists since the turn of the century. To my ears most sound the same. I needed something more. I found there are so many female vocalists with good range and talented musicians to be found just on Youtube.

Take an afternoon and search any female singer you like on Youtube and they will refer similar singers for you. Pandora does much of the same. It's a fun way to find the hidden gems.

Tim

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Lol,  Well, have you received enough leads yet in your desire to explore more feminine talent?  

No: I was unaware there was a limit, I enjoy exploring as much talent as folks care to share. I cant say I enjoy having to explain the obvious to those who apparently have nothing helpful to add. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, teaman said:

I have been pretty much bored with male vocalists since the turn of the century. To my ears most sound the same. I needed something more. I found there are so many female vocalists with good range and talented musicians to be found just on Youtube.

Take an afternoon and search any female singer you like on Youtube and they will refer similar singers for you. Pandora does much of the same. It's a fun way to find the hidden gems.

Tim

I am in a very rural part on NC and my internet consists of Satellite. Streaming is not an option. Of the Youtube or ? Video links /  posts I simply google the name and look for albums. I Miss FM radio from back in the day when they would play new music and tell you who the talent was. Progress Ehhh.............

Thanks to all those that have posted, though I may not call out names I am looking at most of the suggestions, some of which I already have and they were hidden in the pile of some 1200 or so Cds

• Like 2

On 6/22/2018 at 8:04 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Turn-Up-Quiet-Diana-Krall/dp/B01N80T6C6

Pretty much anything by her, but the RECORDING of her voice on this one is the best of all, and I own them all.

I know you said you have all Diana Krall albums but I must say Wallflower is IMHO pretty damn good I dont typically like covers but Diana does some nice work on this album

Another cover by another female singer comes to mind  Cat Power, doing Patsy Clines She's Got You Is high on my list of likes

• Like 1