RIP Krauthammer

oldtimer

I wish I could post a very well written response from a friend living overseas in a ongoing debate from 2002 regarding Foreign Policy at the time. It was beautifully written and an opinion my friend was expressing in writing when neither one of us knew of the aftermath (I won't get political). I countered his argument point by point as some of you have known me to do in the past....Like most, he eventually decided that he didn't have the time to keep up with the effort and all I had was his prior words defending his position. Of course that was the time I also was invited to join the BS Forum and to @Amy I am eternally grateful. :)

That said, I missed debating with my buddy (He still lives in Ireland and very successful) but a year later remembered our conversation and wanted to re-engage with my friend so I pulled up our emails from the time to trigger his memory on what he had said and again realized how one in particular was beautifully written but totally ended up being untrue (in the sense his crystal ball was wrong). Anyway, I looked at in connection with the other emails I received from him and noticed this one stood out so I googled a few of the sentences and low and behold an opinion piece by Charles Krauthammer came up and I was floored!  😨

As soon as I realized my discovery I emailed him and his response was priceless given how long I've known this dude....Now I have lifelong proof with my friend that I had a debate with "one of the most brilliant minds on earth," (his words) and winning. ;) {Note: He tried to get out of my plagiarism connection by saying he was just copying and pasting someone who shared his opinion  for time constraints and mingling in some of his own words--this is the internet.} 

RIP Charles Krauthammer and thank you for being part of so many discussion that made people think. 

17 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Cancer.

Cancer is a ***** and I hope our mutual friend from the old forum is keeping his fight going with the same perspective he wrote me in...We all have to go because of something but I gotta admit I  hate cancer because it has taken so many friends--those that make it through are some of the toughest/life-appreciating people I know and it is always good to learn from them.