The Sixes have arrived!

alxlwson

Around 1500 today I received a delivery notification from FedEx that my speakers had finally arrived. I was pretty deep in a gearbox inspection at a customer and had it all torn apart. Lucky me,  during the NDT, I found three bad gears with cracked teeth. Sweet! No need to put it back together. Send info back to the shop, clean the area, and dash home. My wife sent me a text saying that my "stupid speakers were in my office". 

I get home, shower up,  start a pot of chili, and then head upstairs to get everything swapped out. I tell ya, these are some pretty speakers! You look at the spec sheet dimensions and really don't realize that these are fairly sizable for their class.

I am totally blown away. I've been through some of my favorites (In The Light, Tuesday's Gone, Simple Man, Bohemian Rhapsody, the Tron:Legacy soundtrack, all kinds of John Williams soundtrack pieces, Boston, Lamb Of God, Suicide Silence etc...) and so many songs are like listening to them for the first time. Instruments and sounds that I haven't noticed before. Several times I had to make sure I wasn't playing remixes because everything just sounded different. When I first started listening, I had a thought- Hmm, just a tad bit more bass. Went over to the sub to up the gain just a ***, and realized that the status light was out. WHAT?! In my rush to start listening, I forgot to move over the LFE cable from my old receiver. Ha! It kinda made me laugh. The speaker's bass output was just a hair under what I wanted it, and the sub wasn't even running. I enjoy good strong bass, and The Sixes nearly come through on their own. 

Yanked the screens grilles off...was NOT expecting that! They dampen the horns considerably.

I was able to convince the wife to have a listen. Played a few of her favorite songs, and unprompted, she stated the same as my thoughts above. She was convinced that she was listening to covers of her favorites. It's good to know she "gets it"! :D

I would have been very happy with  The Sixes if I had paid the retail $800. Paying $479 through a NewEgg Flash deal from Worldwide? I don't think I've ever been more satisfied with a purchase. 

Not that I have a recent history of better quality audio, but if anyone has been on the shelf(lol) about these, I highly suggest them. You'll even with the ol' lady's OK.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Come on man. Where’s the photos?????

Ahh. Well, I was going to wait until I had a chance to clean up my office tomorrow...but oh well.

Since I'm getting rid of the old receiver, I'm gonna find a different place to put my computer, center my desk on the wall, and properly place The Sixes.

20180622_211602.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alxlwson said:

. My wife sent me a text saying that my "stupid speakers were in my office". 

I would have been very happy with  The Sixes if I had paid the retail $800. Paying $479 through a NewEgg Flash deal from Worldwide? I don't think I've ever been more satisfied with a purchase. 

Not that I have a recent history of better quality audio, but if anyone has been on the shelf(lol) about these, I highly suggest them. You'll even with the ol' lady's OK.

Considering your office space, I can see that remark.  Seems the more toys, the more you will get that type of response :-)

Very nice though.  Enjoy!!

5 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind
And a person with to much time on their hands.

Great so I've not gone over the edge.  Just gets hard to find stuff 😎

A little hard to loose something the size of the Sixes though.

Blah! 

I listen to music constantly. It's my thing. I drive 3-5 hours a day(life of a field service tech), carry a portable Bluetooth speaker while on the job, and then TV/movies when I get home.

Everything sounds like garbage. It's all muddled, boring and bland. 

Last night after listening for a couple hours, went down and watched some TV with the wife. I have a LG SK8Y sound bar for the downstairs TV. It sounded like total ***. No better word. Seems like it's time to find a horn setup :D

Jumped in my work truck this morning for an emergency requiring a 5 hour drive for work tomorrow. Now, I know my basic F150 trim has crap for speakers, but seriously? I think I could smash some cow dung into a cone with a playdough mold, duct tape a large nail wrapped in copper wire to the back of it and it might sound better.

The Bluetooth speaker I use in the workplace (Milwaukee M18 thing)... Well, I knew it was total trash. I can't help that, a nice one won't hold up to the environments I work in.

The point? My ears are ruined. Thanks, Klipsch

1 hour ago, Schu said:

BECAUSE of my home system, I cant listen to music while driving.

Not far from that. Due for a new work truck at some point this year. I guess I'll have to spend a few bucks replacing the OE with some aftermarket stuff. I've always been a fan of Kenwood for car audio.

I think klipsch should push marketing really hard on the heresy III. These would fit the lifestyle of most and every time I turn them on I continue to be amazed by what they are capable of.  At least it can get people hooked into our obsession. We need a little more of that

7 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I completely understand not being able to listen to music in the car.  For that matter, shoot me now, headphones too.   Just can't do it.  Have tried many but the highest end few and have never been satisfied. I need the Soundstage and feel the bass.  

I'm actually pretty happy with my headphones. I do need to get an amp for them now since retiring my receiver. I have a set of Ultrasone Pro 550's I bought 7 years or so ago, and I've always loved them. That may change though, lol.

Blah! 
I listen to music constantly. It's my thing. I drive 3-5 hours a day(life of a field service tech), carry a portable Bluetooth speaker while on the job, and then TV/movies when I get home.

Everything sounds like garbage. It's all muddled, boring and bland. 

Last night after listening for a couple hours, went down and watched some TV with the wife. I have a LG SK8Y sound bar for the downstairs TV. It sounded like total ***. No better word. Seems like it's time to find a horn setup [emoji3]

Jumped in my work truck this morning for an emergency requiring a 5 hour drive for work tomorrow. Now, I know my basic F150 trim has crap for speakers, but seriously? I think I could smash some cow dung into a cone with a playdough mold, duct tape a large nail wrapped in copper wire to the back of it and it might sound better.

The Bluetooth speaker I use in the workplace (Milwaukee M18 thing)... Well, I knew it was total trash. I can't help that, a nice one won't hold up to the environments I work in.

The point? My ears are ruined. Thanks, Klipsch

My F-150 speakers sound pretty good. Any improvements would be masked by road noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I completely understand not being able to listen to music in the car.  For that matter, shoot me now, headphones too.   Just can't do it.  Have tried many but the highest end few and have never been satisfied. I need the Soundstage and feel the bass.  

Yep, headphones are NOT loudspeakers:)