?Heritage Theater Bar?

ThomasD.

Klipsch site says it's not out yet.  Any one have any insight or information regarding this soundbar??  I'm retiring my RVX 54/RSX5 Theater system and for WAF hoping to go with a soundbar and 2 KG1's for rear channels.  Love the RVX looks but have to submit to a newer 'lower profile' look.  Really want to use my newly acquired KG1's but not sure of compatibility with a soundbar.  Mid century modern is the look we're going for so that new Theater Bar would seem to fit in perfect and not conflict with the KG1's.  Is there any information out there yet about this 'passive' bar?  Wonder if there will be a Jamo equivalent.

• Like 1

My understanding is that the Theater bar is NOT a sound bar. It is a left/center/right set of speakers in a single housing. As such, by itself it is a 3.0 setup. With your AVR you can connect the Theater bar and your KG 1s for 5.0, add a subwoofer for 5.1.

9 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

Wonder if there will be a Jamo equivalent.

I doubt it.  The Heritage design is a Klipsch exclusive.  That being said, I'm sure there might be a Jamo LCR bar sometime in the future.  

Tossing a like your way for the Jamo love.

37 minutes ago, Staples said:

My understanding is that the Theater bar is NOT a sound bar. It is a left/center/right set of speakers in a single housing. As such, by itself it is a 3.0 setup. With your AVR you can connect the Theater bar and your KG 1s for 5.0, add a subwoofer for 5.1.

Yes, my mistake for calling it a ‘sound’ bar. I realize it is a 3-channel speaker bar. 

32 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

I doubt it.  The Heritage design is a Klipsch exclusive.  That being said, I'm sure there might be a Jamo LCR bar sometime in the future.  

Tossing a like your way for the Jamo love.

Haven’t owned any Jamo’s yet but have heard several models prior to the Klipsch acquisition. Really like the current style and look.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Staples said:

True as far as I remember, got to hear a prototype a few months ago and was quite surprise. Alone with a sub would be ahead of any soundbar out there and like you said add a couple speakers for the rear and it would be better than any Ht in a box or many of the smaller HT sets being sold in most stores. If I remember correctly it uses the newly designed skewed (sp) horns.

1 hour ago, ThomasD. said:

Haven’t owned any Jamo’s yet but have heard several models prior to the Klipsch acquisition. Really like the current style and look.  

That's another design that surprised me, it was long ago, Michael Colter had some, very nice sound. They were only about 10"-12" tall and maby 6" wide and they were on stands, for the size they were quite impressive and built very solid, the only Jamo's I have heard. 

Another company Klipsch owns is Energy, many years ago I was looking for a small HT set and of all reviews for the Energy Take 5 set were great so i found a dealer who sold them and he did not have any in stock but would order them. I asked if when you get them can I come listen and if I like them I will buy, he said if he ordered them I would have to buy them or he would even order them. With nowhere else to even order I told him no thanks and gave up on them. I wanted to hear them, hundreds of great reviews but I was still afraid and didn't like the dealers attitude, I don't even remember where he was. 

At the risk of derailing, I had an entire Jamo 5 channel configuration at one point, and they could put out some very impressive sound.  They were the last or next to last generation before Klipsch bought them out.  The floorstanders now live down the road from me, and the center and surrounds traveled to different places in the U.S. altogether.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Only refreshing this thread because I'm at the threshold of ordering the Heritage Theater Bar due to my wifes' insistence that I come up with an acceptable solution to floor speakers in front of the Flat Screen.  Does anyone out there have this yet or heard it??  Really want to order it.   Know it's really new and must be a great Klipsch product but can't find any reviews out there for it.

6 hours ago, K5SS said:

having the center’s tweeter, off to one side would drive me bonkers

I agree, I am sure there is some scientific acoustic reasoning.  But I wonder why they couldn't have split the center woofers and mounted the tweeter there?  It would look so much better.

Well, it's ordered in Walnut.  The living room remodel has gotten to the point where a decision had to be made.  Would have much preferred a pair of H3's and they'd of been cheaper,  but on wall or in wall were the only options provided by the Boss.  No wall space on the sides & Architectural speakers would only have fit above or below TV area & stud location screwed up symmetrical layout.  Really, really hope I'm not making a mistake spending $2200 for a 'Bar'.  Can't find any  actual reviews.  Even Youtube only had one review in German or some other language that didn't help any.  This thing better rock or I'm going to sink like one. Now I'm wondering if I should consider the RP-402S Surround Sound Speakers instead of using my KG-1's.  The RP-402S don't seem to be available yet.

• Like 3