?Heritage Theater Bar?

ThomasD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 12:26 PM, YK Thom said:

Wow it looks great. If it sounds as good as it looks they will sell a boatload of them. There is a large market of people looking for quality sound with minimal aesthetic impacts on their rooms.

Listened to it for 2 weeks.  Packed it up and sent it back.  Crystal clear highs, little mid range & no low end what so ever.  Beautiful speaker but highly over priced for $2200.  Really disappointed.  Wanted so bad to love it but my 2 KG1's for $50 sounded better in the same place.  😐

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThomasD. said:

Listened to it for 2 weeks.  Packed it up and sent it back.  Crystal clear highs, little mid range & no low end what so ever.  Beautiful speaker but highly over priced for $2200.  Really disappointed.  Wanted so bad to love it but my 2 KG1's for $50 sounded better in the same place.  😐

That is unfortunate. I would have expected it to excel with midrange. A lot of sound bar type speakers use smaller drivers. They generally all require a sub.

14 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

That is unfortunate. I would have expected it to excel with midrange. A lot of sound bar type speakers use smaller drivers. They generally all require a sub.

I have a RW10 for the sub and used it.  Sound was hollow and disconnected without it.  I realize it's a very small enclosure but my Polk 5 channel surround bar sounds so much fuller & lifelike.  Hooked the bar up directly to my Carver M1.0t thinking the Sony DA188ES Receiver might be the issue.  Still sounded like a pair of Bose Cubes to me.  Maybe it's defective.  Called Crut......d. & explained my problem, they said send it back.  Have always been satisfied with their customer service.  Already noticed that they have a returned & refurbished one for sale on their site.  Should have known better to wait until the reviews were available. 

• Like 1

Man i heard this thing down in hope at Klipsch factory. Along with a pair of the ultra surrounds a Klipsch 12” sub i thought it sounded rather good for its size. However expectations play a lot of ones brain. I walked in to listen to something tiny and expensive and had low expectations. Was rather blown away by it. Had i paid 2200 for it and hooked it up at home i might have sent it back as well. 

12 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

Man i heard this thing down in hope at Klipsch factory. Along with a pair of the ultra surrounds a Klipsch 12” sub i thought it sounded rather good for its size. However expectations play a lot of ones brain. I walked in to listen to something tiny and expensive and had low expectations. Was rather blown away by it. Had i paid 2200 for it and hooked it up at home i might have sent it back as well. 

Thinking something was wrong with mine.  No distortion, clear & detailed but no mid range volume, very directional with a narrow band of detail in that if your  listening height / location changed more than a few inches the SQ deteriorated immediately.  I'm a firm proponent of sub's but I better be more impressed with the stand alone sound of a $2k+ speaker than the beautiful finish.  In this case I wasn't.  Set my pair of 1990 KG1's with Crites rebuilt x/o's & Ti diaphragms in place of the sound bar and it was a night & day difference. Love the brand just not this particular speaker.  Hope it was a one off issue. 

I am really surprised to hear this disappointment in the Heritage Bar... the drivers and all components look to be quality pieces.

Something must have been wrong... how did you have it hooked up? Did you re-run any room correction processing?

What size is that bar?

13 hours ago, Schu said:

I am really surprised to hear this disappointment in the Heritage Bar... the drivers and all components look to be quality pieces.

Something must have been wrong... how did you have it hooked up? Did you re-run any room correction processing?

What size is that bar?

Yes, I agree.  Ran the Sony DA1800ES room EQ.  Probably not the best EQ but has always made a noticeable difference in the past.  Also connected two channels up straight to my Carver M1.01 & M200t amps fed with a digital signal from my Cambridge 851N.  Again, clear & crisp but diminutive sound with no presence or authority. 

• Like 1