Epic CF 3 dating question (two different port lengths)

DEP14

Been on a search for Epic CF 3 or 4's.  

Found a pair of 3's.  someone did a poor refinish job on the tops, and they are slightly overpriced.  But before I go negotiating on them.

serial numbers  21394....

So, figure 213th day of 94 so right about August 1st.  I'm thinking V1

But, one port on each speaker is 5 inches, but the other is 2 3/4.  I presume both ports should be 5 inches?

Thoughts?  (and how hard is finding the ports for these, along with other parts)

You can even make the 2.75" port the same as the other by finding the same diameter cardboard tubes at a carpet supply store and cutting the tubes to length.  They always have those outside by the trash or inside somewhere.  That's how I did mine.  Waiting for those exact port tubes to come up for sale will be like finding the golden ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.  

Well,

Think I'm passing on these.  There is no filler or stuffing in them other than a couple of foam pads curved from the sides to the base of the bottom of each speaker, sort of around the woofer.  Damage at the bottom of one on the inside like the back of the speaker was hastily pryed off.  The ports are different lengths, the "screens" are missing in each horn that would typically be at the front of the compression driver.  They are on consignment and it's not the original owner.  Too expensive to roll dice.  Wasn't going to pull the horn out.  Someone did a refinish job on them...seemed too sketchy to roll dice even at $650.00

Yeah...I don't blame you there.  I would have to pass on those, too.  The stuffing in the CF's is pretty minimal over all and does, in fact, only have a few pieces of the foam.  There's maybe one piece at the bottom of the cabinet to and it's not supposed to be close to the ports.

But, yeah.  Let someone else ride that bull.