New Forte 3 Review

jazzer

Guest wdecho

K-horns generally did not get fabulous reviews back in the day when there were many more rags reviewing products. Rags have a way of pushing their advertiser's products over others no matter what they say. With the proper amplifier one will be hard to get a better speaker than a K-horn. Forte owners enjoy your speakers for being one of the best out there for the money spent. Horns are more dynamic with more detail than most if not all conventional speakers. Music is dynamics and that is where Klipsch shines. 

I can remember when most all the rags were praising the AR-3's and I bought a pair following their advice. No dynamics with no live sound at all. I did not keep them very long. One should listen with their ears and not what others say with their words. 

The whole review he seemed to dislike the speakers and the yestertech. Then at the end he's like "9/10".

Going off that review, I wouldn't ever consider buying them. Hell, it would make me question Klipsch all together. It really does seem that the writer has an issue with "retro". He really calls that out in his introduction.

The review sounds typical of what the British think is good sound which is typically warmer with a laid back soundstage. While it did sound snobbish at times, I think the reviewer was honest in what he thought and commend him for liking it at the end. Klipsch speakers are for those that want realism and dynamics and that is what the takeaway is here.

Well, $4000 GB is $5300 US.   As much as I loved the sound of the F3’s when I heard them, $5300 puts them in a whole other price category. 

As for the rest of the review, I think it underscores a point I made in another thread about the need for speakers to be initially auditioned  from behind an opaque screen. Given his comments about horn’s and his  prior knowledge of Klisch speakers it’s quite possible there was a fair amount of expectation bias at play.  

It would be fascinating to read audition notes when the reviewer doesn’t know if a speaker is a horn design, # of drivers, cabinet size, country of origin, cost, etc.

45 minutes ago, ODS123 said:

Well, $4000 GB is $5300 US.   As much as I loved the sound of the F3’s when I heard them, $5300 puts them in a whole other price category. 

As for the rest of the review, I think it underscores a point I made in another thread about the need for speakers to be initially auditioned  from behind an opaque screen. Given his comments about horn’s and his  prior knowledge of Klisch speakers it’s quite possible there was a fair amount of expectation bias at play.  

It would be fascinating to read audition notes when the reviewer doesn’t know if a speaker is a horn design, # of drivers, cabinet size, country of origin, cost, etc.

I have a somewhat different opinion. If I didn't have a room that could support klipschorns,  I can't think of another speaker up to 10K that I would take over the Forte III. And I have owned many that were at and above that price point. The FIII is that good to my ears.

Shakey

• Like 1

The review gives the impression of a recessed midrange and missing details. Even if the reviewer likes the speaker in the end, claims like this will certainly kill some sales.

I think it also give the impression that the reviewer is biased. He is speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, baron167 said:

I think it also give the impression that the reviewer is biased. He is speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

This is very true. And besides, the review is just one mans subjective opinion. But some people base their purchases on these.

I thought the lab-report was interesting tho.

• Like 1