Cornwalls Rule - What else fills a big room at this price?

wantabeach

9 hours ago, AHall said:

All outta room. The slab is sunken 1’ in my living room. So the cornwall sit on top of the slab, and goes right about to the bottom top plate on my pony wall.  

Now I understand... only took me reading that a few times and looming at the pic a bunch. 🙄

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

So the Corns will be partly recessed in the wall? That's how I understand your description. It's a great looking room, can't wait to see it totally done.

Bruce

Yes it will keep me from stubbing my pinky toe I’m hoping. 

• Like 1

Same here.  Even kept the Chorus II due to space and overall balance as i sold my LSi splits(2 pairs) because i needed funds at the time.  But for size and placement, i'd prefer La Scalas over KHorns. Pairing either with an 1802 would be amazing. Jubes(pro)/palladium don't count! haha

KHorns have a smaller footprint than LaScalas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/3/2018 at 8:04 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Heard P-39's in Indy for quite a while with test recordings. In principle, they are super sophisticated bass reflex, like a tall, skinny version of a Cornwall. They also have bass ports in the REAR, which is what inspired my Super Heresy mod. They are a super refined and gorgeous looking speaker. They will best both the Chorus I, II, and any of the Cornwalls (with the possible exception of my upcoming Super Cornwall mod, we shall see).

Being that they use all Custom Made drivers, vs. Off the Shelf drivers, like the Heritage line, they are a different beast altogether with much higher tooling cost. So sonically speaking, they should cost at least twice what a Cornwall III costs, just for the sound improvement and the fact that is has exotic drivers in a 3 1/2 way system. The rest of the money, another 10 Grand is for Aesthetics Only to compete with the High end Market. I have been to Axpona twice to see for myself what high end speakers look and sound like. Most were not worth the money asked, but some were. The best speaker I ever heard there were the Sadurni Horns, which, literally, brought tears to my eyes by how wonderful they sounded (they also had a bigger room then all the rest). I can't afford to play in that $40,000 sandbox, but it showed how good horns can be in a market full of direct radiator speakers, which are more like exotic furniture rather than electro/acoustic transducers. I also heard some equally expensive JBL corner horn copies with Field Coils (where the voice coil magnets come from huge, expensive power supplies), which are a poor choice in the modern days of NeoDymium Magnets, that sounded like $hit, but I digress.

I think the Pro stuff, like the MCM 1900, TSCM, KP-600 modular, Jubilees, etc. kick the butts of all the "pretty" stuff made for homes. I have some "pretty" Jubilee clones with Tigerwood veneer below K-402's that you can't buy from Klipsch without a driver, but all the parts are Klipsch that can possibly be (TADs are better upgrade than most other drivers but super expensive). Having owned ALL of them they are all better speaker than the rest of the direct radiator turkeys and chickens in the market place that give lower distortion sound with less watts than any other brand. Klipsch speakers rule, not matter which you choose.

I did hear the P17s in Edmonton, incredible. I realize a fortune went into developing the design and driver’s and am still surprised that it  hasn’t tricked down to newer models. The synergy and smoothness of the Palladium tweeter and midrange horn is so spectacular IMO it should not be lost after the series is discontinued. Rated class A by Stereophile. I have never heard such smooth, and detailed sounding horns that intergrated and imaged as well as the Palladiums. If they weren’t out of my price range I would have a pair in a New York minute. A lot of work and investment lost if they don’t incorporate these into future models.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:59 AM, Westcoastdrums said:

Here's a topic of interest.... Altec VS klipsch used?   Better value and SQ? 🤔. I have heard many people speak of altec but know nothing about em and have never heard a pair 

Which is it?

'know nothing' or 'well aware'?

or trolling?