Uber charges on my Bank Account, never used them

joessportster

Posting this as a heads up, I have never used Uber in my life been in the house for 3+ weeks since my surgery and checked my Bank Account today there were 5 uber ride charges totaling close to 100.00 on my account, After a 45 minute attempt to figure out how to report the fraudulent charges and to cancel my Debit card I was able to get the card cancelled and the dispute process is under way

Now to take my laptop in and have it wiped clean. Glad I checked the account .  

Sorry to read about this, Mister joessportster.

Like you, I have never used Uber or Lyft, and I will nevertheless be on the lookout based upon your heads up.

This is precisely why I activated the "notify me" feature to have my credit union send me a text message and email every time that  charge is made to my debit card - so that if any false charges show up I can nip it in the bud.

So far, touch wood, so good. 

On the other hand, CHASE has called (or messaged) me 4 times in the past 6 years regarding suspicious charges made against my credit card.

They have been very diligent about monitoring my account for any unusual activity.

Each time that my account has been comprised they immediately deactivated my card and issued me a new account number.

They delivered a new card via overnight FedEx in less than 24 hours.

CHASE has been very pro-active about making sure that I was never inconvenienced and I have never had to initiate or deal with the reversal of any of the fraudulent charges.

P.S. I use the FREE version of Credit Karma to monitor my accounts almost every day since there is so much fraud and shenanigans out there - just in case.