MEH Synergy

10 hours ago, Budman said:

so the word Zebrawood brings you out of hiding 😎

Hahaha...didn't think anyone noticed.

I try to post at least once every 3 years, even if I don't have much to say.

Thebes actually sent me a link to this thread. These are the only other pair of factory zebrawood I've seen in many years although I haven't paid much attention lately.

I hope all my old forum friends are doing well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Emile said:

No clue "where" you got this from :(  If it was the question "how did you get to this evaluation," (from @Schu ) then "bashing" is certainly an over-reaction.  A member was just being "inquisitive" as your Heresy's are pretty rare.

Cheers, Emile

It wasn't just this post.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

Schu, How about $250 for your A&K DAP shipped?

that's a little low... but close.

it would seem I am the only one ITT that is actually interested in these units. everyone else is responsible for polluting a for sale thread.

I believe in transparency and openness... and making legitimate offers OPENLY is the best and most honest way of conducting business. who came up with the idea that transactions need to be conducted via PM's... that's just not realistic anywhere else in the world. it also makes FUTURE offers more inline with OP's asking price by showing other perspective buyers what has transpired previously in terms of Valuation... the next offer can only increase if others see that OP is not interested @ $650 picked up (if you paid MORE THAN THAT, I am sorry for you).

$650 picked up offer is a 100% increase in value over a mint pair of birch Heresy 1's (valued at $300-$350)... that's a premium.

that's my thought process... open and transparent. How did you arrive at a value of $1300 OP?

If you don't want to sell them to someone like me just say "I don't want to sell them to someone like you"

• Like 1

That is fair on YOUR thread, however per forum rules, I don't want it on mine.   We can agree to disagree.   These are very rare in this finish and I live in a different part of the country than you.  That might be what you would pay.  Are home prices in CA and TX the same?  No, they aren't.  Fair and open to YOU on YOUR for sale posts is fine.  I don't care for it on what I post.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Schu said:

I believe in transparency and openness... and making legitimate offers OPENLY is the best and most honest way of conducting business. who came up with the idea that transactions need to be conducted via PM's... that's just not realistic anywhere else in the world. it also makes FUTURE offers more inline with OP's asking price by showing other perspective buyers what has transpired previously in terms of Valuation...

Negotiations of any type are typically held in private, be it in business or personal transactions.  I'm not sure what part of the world you're referring to. 

Any further pollution of this thread will be dealt with accordingly.

• Like 2

This is fun.  In times past, I have bought and sold items in the garage sale thread through PM's.  

I do feel negptiations should be held between buyer and seller; onlookers are just that, onlookers.  

What matters in the deal is the interaction between the 2 parties.  Others just get in the way, regardless of their intentions.

If a party wants to buy the speakers, he should contact the seller separately.  If one wants to comment on the item, he is free to do so within the limits of the forum.

If one does not have anything to contribute to the conversation, he should keep his comments to himself.  

And if your purpose is to trash a seller, or his sale, you are not contributing to the conversation.  

My $.02 worth.  

• Like 2