Anyone here go RV'ing?

tigerwoodKhorns

Or you can park the RV next to a lake. I went as a guest, so there were no maintenance concerns on my part. I told my friend that for what his RV cost him, I will be able to frequently stay in luxury hotels, dine in fancy restaurants and buy a bunch more Klipsch speakers for the rest of my life, but it was nice to camp in comfort at beautiful places that don't have hotels.

234534112_P1020399-Copy.JPG.d045346c65012efe0eb9534091551c95.JPG

• Moderators

It doesn't get much better than that.

The opposite side of the spectrum is what scares me, they are very nice when things go well. I know Kevins is on the high side of the RV experience but none of them are cheap overall. Although an RV does take alot of the work out of "camping".

We were somewhere once and I told him , I hope you don't really count this as camping, he laughed.

speakers,_(2).jpg

• Moderators
5 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

That sounds like a nightmare.  I always thought that they were money pits based on fuel alone, and not practical because of maneuvering and parking.

I liked the Class B Van, hopefully it is not such a disaster. 

This may not be normal I don't know, I know he does whatever is need to keep everything working, it's not like he abused or neglected it and he is good about maintenance.

I would imagine a class B would be less mechanical systems so that should cut down on problems I would think ? 

Been there, done it all …

Starting with a utility trailer with tents pitched on the bed of trailer. Hey, it got you off the ground!

Then my first tent trailer! A Coleman Destiny. Stripped down bare bones tent trailer.

Then a pickup bed camper.

Then our first regular bumper hitch trailer.

Now comes the first fifth wheel trailer! Nice enough but only made us want more.

THEN the "condo on wheels" we called it. Triple axel monster!

Then our class A motorhome. Granite, REAL wood cabinets, tip outs, ect.

To summarize, Khornukopia hit it right on the head. When we realized how much time, money and effort was directed to registration fees, insurances, maintenance, storing fees, not to mention the dreaded monthly loan fees … FORGET IT! We could have easily afforded air tickets, stayed in luxury condominiums, eaten at finer restaurants, and packed very little by comparison.

*On a very important note, the one thing we have (that is irreplaceable) is the memories of camping with the children. PRICELESS!!!*

• Like 1