PSA T-Mo..bile / Veterans

USNRET

So the wife dropped her cell phone in a cooler of water..done with that one it had to be replaced and my son has been lobbying for a new phone.
Visited my local "T" store and a great manager looked over what could be done. He found that active duty / veteran / retiree could get 4 lines for $100.00.

That lowered my four lines of unlimited cell, messaging and internet / hot spots from $168 to $100 per month.
I showed him my retired ID card but he wasn't picky about proof.
Payments on the new 2 phones is $60 per month (I wanted to just buy outright but the boss has her say) so I get same service and two new iPhone 8+s and save $8 a month.

If you are or thinking about that "T" service and a vet check it out. Heck if I didn't need replacement(s) I would have saved $68 a month just moving to military plan.

Oh, BE CAREFUL, there are T stores and contracted T stores. Find one that is a real franchise not a third party. Been there, done that.

• Like 2

Can't wait to get rid of my T Mobile.  Coverage is terrible in Arkansas at maybe 50 percent, all on major highways and cities. Verizon is 96 percent. Of course, no issue if you are elsewhere and the service is adequate for your needs. 

Dave

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Can't wait to get rid of my T Mobile.  Coverage is terrible in Arkansas at maybe 50 percent, all on major highways and cities. Verizon is 96 percent. Of course, no issue if you are elsewhere and the service is adequate for your needs. 

Dave

Had them all Dave and all have issues. If it applies, it applies like you said. I chose mine on local coverage (and Mom's one hour west of you on 82) worked for me.

• Like 1

T Mobile is terrible in Ohio.  Everything is Verizon, who has a monthly discount for Retirees also...  The down side,  you have to send them a pic of your honorable discharge, Retired ID's aren't acceptable AND you have to renew it on your own every stinking year!  I'm like seriously?  Saves me about 10 a month though.

2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

The down side,  you have to send them a pic of your honorable discharge,

Wouldn't mind that so much, but must require a DD214, which I've been trying to get replaced for several years. Serious bureaucracy that makes a glacier look like an avalanche.

Dave

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Retired ID's aren't acceptable

Ha. local DMV wouldn't accept my retired military ID because it didn't show an Honorable Discharge. Perhaps I am behind the times but I assumed that if I was retired it was honorable or that check wouldn't come every month.

5 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Wouldn't mind that so much, but most require a DD214, which I've been trying to get replaced for several years. Serious bureaucracy that makes a glacier look like an avalanche.

Dave

Too much info on that 214 simple...  That's none of anyone's business.  I jsut shoot the discharge and send it.

3 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Wouldn't mind that so much, but must require a DD214, which I've been trying to get replaced for several years. Serious bureaucracy that makes a glacier look like an avalanche.

Dave

Working that BS now with VA disability.
So I retired in 1996 after 23 years but you say I served from 1986 to 1996.

2 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Ha. local DMV wouldn't accept my retired military ID because it didn't show an Honorable Discharge. Perhaps I am behind the times but I assumed that if I was retired it was honorable or that check wouldn't come every month.

Did you explain they won't issue you a retired ID card if you weren't honorably discharged?  hahaha...  Ppl are totally oblivious at times!  

I jsut shoot the discharge and send it.

No good for a number of legal and governmental requirements. I always thought it odd, in that much easier to forge a set of discharge orders than an Honorable Discharge certificate...though neither is all that hard.

Ppl are totally oblivious at times!  

Yuh THINK!
Dave

• Haha 1

No break in 86 but the 214 shows previous service of so many years. Some clerk screwed it up in 86 when I re-enlisted. Not the only time that person (I know who) screwed with paper work.

VA: add the previous to the current DUH!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

No break in 86 but the 214 shows previous service of so many years. Some clerk screwed it up in 86 when I re-enlisted. Not the only time that person (I know who) screwed with paper work.

VA: add the previous to the current DUH!

I KNOW Radar O'Reily didn't do it...  HAD to be Klinger when he was filling in for Radar!  Good luck wth the cluster.u*&...   :)

On 6/25/2018 at 10:23 PM, USNRET said:

Oh, BE CAREFUL, there are T stores and contracted T stores. Find one that is a real franchise not a third party. Been there, done that.

How do you know the difference other than calling and asking ahead of time?

2 hours ago, Jirachi said:

How do you know the difference other than calling and asking ahead of time?

Be careful, the mall type phone stores will mis-represent, I don’t have a good answer.