FS: Pair of Crites 125 tweeters

cinemaprof

I have a nice pair of Crites 125 tweeters for sale, just removed from my Klipschorns.  They perform perfectly and just over 3 years old.  Never played at high levels.  One of the terminals came loose during removal but should be easy to re-solder.  Mint condition otherwise.  $100 plus $10 shipping Priority.  PayPal is fine.1404101446_Crites125tweeters2.thumb.JPG.62bc6c488e8962a9a7660d7ef86a7f3f.JPG

After a very careful close examination of the damage, it appears not to be easily repaired by a typical user.  It's probably a job for Bob.  I therefore will amend my original offer to sell to "Make Offer."

Edited by cinemaprof
change of selling terms

1 hour ago, cinemaprof said:

I had to use the leads on the replacement tweeters.

Tweeter terminal2.JPG

Anyone has any thoughts on how to fix this ... yes; can maybe "glue" the post back on, but since it got pulled off, the main problem is the positive lead ... don't recall if this is the direct lead from the diaphragm, or ???

add-on ... think I need to replace the driver ... think it is the Eminence APT-50 Super Tweeter Horn Driver, but not sure :)  Anyone?

Also ... does this driver screw onto my existing K77 horns?

Thanks, Emile

Found this old 2015 post by @moray james

The CT125 is NOT an Eminence driver. The original APT tweeter was not an Eminence drive but Polish made and sold by Eminence then Eminence figured they could make their own and increase their profit and the popularity dropped. Bob has the original Polish company build his CT125. Clearly you get what you pay for. Best regards Moray James

Unquote

At the risk of getting "moderated", unless the OP is willing to repair these, it's hardly worth the trouble. On one hand, you have a brand new pair for 160.00. On the other hand, you have a three year old pair that needs repair for 100.00. That math is pretty easy for me.

Not trying to bash, just a casual observation.

Shakey

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

At the risk of getting "moderated", unless the OP is willing to repair these, it's hardly worth the trouble. On one hand, you have a brand new pair for 160.00. On the other hand, you have a three year old pair that needs repair for 100.00. That math is pretty easy for me.

Not trying to bash, just a casual observation.

Shakey

I'm not selling (nor buying) a pair but you have PM.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Well, you just did.

Not everyone that comes here is as "informed" as your highness. If these can't be repaired, then someone is out 100.00. Might not mean much to you, but it could be a lot to someone else.

I took a chance and posted an opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joessportster said:

Wouldn't this be a case for new Diaphragms ? I am sure the diaphragms leads directly to the terminals, either directly attached or by wire. Pulling the lead hard enough to break it off certainly did not help the Diaphragm. Are they available and cost ?

Great question.  I've done diaphragm replacement on Klipsch drivers and typically you solder the diaphragm leads to the spade terminals that are attached to the body of the driver.