Danley SH50's very good deal

kg4guy

The Seller refers to them in the plural but the FS blurb at the top says "1 available."  I'm guessing that means "1 pair" but don't take my word for it, it's just a detail which needs clarifying.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have them in the car. (Not mine, it's my ex-wife's Honda CRV.) The car is in my driveway, so it's close to the house. Hope to have them in the house by Sunday, at the absolute latest.

They are, um, big. I figure a three-person lift and carry, plus one more person to open and close the door quickly in an attempt to keep the mosquitoes out of the house.

I owe the two guys here who passed on them a beer. Or a few.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tubesguy said:

Okay, I have them in the car. (Not mine, it's my ex-wife's Honda CRV.) The car is in my driveway, so it's close to the house. Hope to have them in the house by Sunday, at the absolute latest.

They are, um, big. I figure a three-person lift and carry, plus one more person to open and close the door quickly in an attempt to keep the mosquitoes out of the house.

Congrats Pat! I would have loved to get these. Hoping something pops up on the west coast sometime. 

1 hour ago, tubesguy said:

Good for you. I have a pair of SH60's and they are amazing!!

I carried a SH50 myself one time. About 50 ft from counter height to counter height. Ain't a pretty lift...

What you going to power them with? How big is the room? 

Well, I could try the one-man lift. I do have the strength of ten men, it's just that they're all 68 years old, like I am. I've got a buddy coming over today, I think, with a heavy duty hand truck, so I've got hopes of listening this afternoon.

Small room, about 13 x 11 (feet) and I'm planning on finishing up my diy Pass M2 for eventual use. I'll use an Emotiva amp for the first listen.  I should point out that Tom himself has suggested big, big power, even for home use, assuring no clipping or compression.

• Like 1

Don't try the one man lift... I would never do it again. That day i had no choice and it had to get done.

I can not say enough good things about these speakers. I have a nord Hpex Ncore which it says it does 700 watts at 4 ohms. These speakers the louder they get they sound the same, this being said they sound better louder. :) Sometimes i like my music loud and they can get LOUD with no fatigue or compression at all. Really amazing. 

You room is very small. Your gonna get reflections right away your going to need some acoustic panels. At least on the back wall and roof. You probably know to tuck the SH50's in the corner with there sides right up against the fall to eliminate that first reflection. Do you have a sub? Let me know how it sounds?