86' K Horns

sammey

I have been a die hard Infinity fan for years but recently had a chance to hear a set of K horns. I was amazed at how effortlessly they played. They were hooked to a home theater Reciever so I knew it could be so much better. I posted an ad in the Garage looking for a set and a Gentleman that lived only an hour and a half drive had a pair of beautiful 86' in oiled walnut. I purchased them and brought them home. I have always heard the negative bullshit about them being harsh and honky so I had doubts. Also the you can't run them on SS Amps. Well I use a Krell Kct preamp with a Fpb400cx amp with cast connections. All I can say is wow. They are fantastic. Excellant highs no shrillness at all. Great bass. The music sounds so natural. I have a set of Primaluna Prolouge 6 Amps so I am gonna try tubes on them as well. I have kt-120 as well as El-43 tubes to use with them.

• Like 4

I have been a die hard Infinity fan for years but recently had a chance to hear a set of K horns. I was amazed at how effortlessly they played. They were hooked to a home theater Reciever so I knew it could be so much better. I posted an ad in the Garage looking for a set and a Gentleman that lived only an hour and a half drive had a pair of beautiful 86' in oiled walnut. I purchased them and brought them home. I have always heard the negative bullshit about them being harsh and honky so I had doubts. Also the you can't run them on SS Amps. Well I use a Krell Kct preamp with a Fpb400cx amp with cast connections. All I can say is wow. They are fantastic. Excellant highs no shrillness at all. Great bass. The music sounds so natural. I have a set of Primaluna Prolouge 6 Amps so I am gonna try tubes on them as well. I have kt-120 as well as El-43 tubes to use with them.

KHorns work great with SS amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well after a few weeks of serious listening I must say the K horns are simply amazing. I did extensive comparisons between my Krell Fpb400cx and Primaluna prologue 5 with El-34 and kt120 tubes and I prefer the Krell big time. All around crazy good sound. Sitting here now listening to Diana Krall and you would swear she was right in front of you singing.