New Klipschorn AK6 coming out?

avguytx

On 6/28/2018 at 2:36 AM, Shakeydeal said:

Not to mention how hard it is to find a pair of khorns in a dealer show room to even make that comparison. I know, another topic in itself.........

Quite right. It is a 120+ mile drive each way for me to a Klipsch dealer that has anything but Best Buy quality Klipsch on the floor to listen to. I have to think that Bowers and Wilkins works with Hi Fi buys in Nashville to have their junk there to listen to. I have a set of Chorus speakers that came from that same store in 1990 but not a Klipsch to be seen today. Marketing is terrible.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:36 AM, Shakeydeal said:

I would be willing to bet if they incorporate all your improvements, the 15k price point shifts upward too.

I own CNC equipment and I assume whoever is doing Klipsch cabinets does to. I would have screw holes done with pilot holes and full sized chamfers via cnc on all flat surfaces excluding edge faces. It would take very little time to program in and next to nothing time wise to physically do. The reality is that the slight increase in cutting time is offset by decreased assembly time and it would be cheaper to build them this way.

18 minutes ago, Dave A said:

have wondered what it would look like as grille material.

all thing's good with my observation

1. appears rigid and durable in relation to retaining it's purpose dual fold in sight and sound properties related to ---> this is the future
  2. on the other hand... the first wheel's invented for automobile's had spokes, and grill clothes for speakers (when needed) resembled draperies back in "the day"
  3. I would hope nothing more than evolution of the supply chain to manufacturing's' requisitions for maintaining Klipsch unique build and style....

Well wire cloth offers more open area than most perforated metal does and being round I have to wonder if it would not be more neutral in interfering with the sound. SS wire cloth is forever and will never tarnish rip or otherwise change it's appearance.

As in flexible? I wondered what it was because it shows the same bend types as actual made from wire cloth. I have some here with a 1/2 inch pattern and have wondered what it would look like as grille material.
You maybe right, I will examine properly when I go back to the store and also will take pictures of the insides for those that are interested [emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
And how do they SOUND???
Straight out of the box they were very very impressive

Im in the showroom tomorrow so will listen again esspecially as they have now had about 60hrs on them so things should be even better

And I will take more photos [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1