New Klipschorn AK6 coming out?

avguytx

When PWK was at the AES convention in L.A. in 1979 to accept his silver medal award, the Klipsch factory rep for So, California arranged for me to have a private lunch with him. Among other things, at that lunch I asked PWK what the dims of the K-Horn woofer would be if it were a straight horn. He took out his notebook, made a few calculations and drew the horn in sections, from throat to mouth. The dims were around 7 feet deep, with a mouth around 6.5 feet by 6.5 feet (I have a photocopy of that notebook page in my Klipsch papers at home).

So imagine the Klipschorn tweeter and midrange horns suspended above a 6.5' x 6.5' horn mouth opening in the corner, with the woofer driver at the throat of a horn extending 7 feet behind the mouth opening. Based on this I think Heyser's numbers are in the ballpark.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hsosdrummer said:

When PWK was at the AES convention in L.A. in 1979 to accept his silver medal award, the Klipsch factory rep for So, California arranged for me to have a private lunch with him. Among other things, at that lunch I asked PWK what the dims of the K-Horn woofer would be if it were a straight horn. He took out his notebook, made a few calculations and drew the horn in sections, from throat to mouth. The dims were around 7 feet deep, with a mouth around 6.5 feet by 6.5 feet (I have a photocopy of that notebook page in my Klipsch papers at home).

So imagine the Klipschorn tweeter and midrange horns suspended above a 6.5' x 6.5' horn mouth opening in the corner, with the woofer driver at the throat of a horn extending 7 feet behind the mouth opening. Based on this I think Heyser's numbers are in the ballpark.

And I thought it would be 50 ft.opening.

JJK

14 hours ago, hsosdrummer said:

Always wondered about that. Thanks.

"$15,000 ( Y I K E S ! ! ! )" 

Easy money in the audio world.   Look at what a HIGH END pair of magic bookshelf costs nowadays.   Klipschorns KILL most hifi speakers In anything you want to talk about.  Still made In America? $$$$.  But would you buy if they were made in China for 25% less? 

I like getting a deal just as much as the next person, but I am not sure where the idea that the klipsch new manufacture is supposed to be reasonably priced... $16k is a pittance in comparison to many high-end equipment makers... and I am sure one would probably be able to eventually buy them at a "street price" in  year or so.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...