New Klipschorn AK6 coming out?

avguytx

I am VERY interested in the adapter plate/B&C driver combo used in the K771 assembly!

The DE5/DE7 this appears to be based on isn't a terribly expensive driver at retail so it makes me wonder if they might not switch over the rest of the Heritage line? They all began with the K77 after all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 9:13 PM, CANT said:

I am VERY interested in the adapter plate/B&C driver combo used in the K771 assembly!

The DE5/DE7 this appears to be based on isn't a terribly expensive driver at retail so it makes me wonder if they might not switch over the rest of the Heritage line? They all began with the K77 after all. 

Yes ! It's Right    👍

And for upgrade our actual heritage : Heresy III, Cornwall III, La Scala, AK, ...  That would be good, no?

Beautiful.  ...Just the sort of cosmetic makeover the Klipschorn needed.  

The previous version, though sounding magnificent, simply lacked the tidy fit/finish that people expect of a speaker that costs $1000, let alone $14000!!  ..Screws and rubber trim that seem haphazardly and unsymmetrically placed; the support bracket for the horn leaning to one side; side trim panels that didn't appear to fit well, and so on and so on.  The speaker sounded great, but looked very much like a home shop project when compared alongside speakers costing half as much from Vandersteen, Dynaudio, Paradigm, KEF, etc.. etc..   The fit issues wouldn't have prevented me from owning a pair but I'm sure it did others.   Those issue have been addressed.  Well done Klipsch.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, mustang_flht said:

And for upgrade our actual heritage : Heresy III, Cornwall III, La Scala, AK, ...  That would be good, no?

Actually, the K771 appears to also be used in the new La Sacala so there is that... it would only be a drop in for speakers like the CWII or CWIII with a K107/K79/K75 but would require attenuation. Could be worth it though?

On 1/25/2019 at 9:43 PM, Schu said:

A compound three fold Baltic birch horn loaded speaker with furniture grade veneer is not worth $1000?

Not what I said and I think you know that.  The fit and finish of the previous K-horn was not worthy of it's $10k pricetag.  It sold in spite of this b/c it sounded so good.  ..But would have probably sold better had it's fit/finish compared favorably with other speakers.  ..There are $1000 speakers that have better fit/finish that what you see below.

And don't forget, it was also made from MDF. (see Spec. sheet on website).

image.png.461ceffd9ca8ee28078462a8e5b81034.png

3 hours ago, ODS123 said:

And don't forget, it was also made from MDF. (see Spec. sheet on website).

When you say something you ought to at least try to be accurate. Unless of course your intent was to stir the pot which I would not rule out. In any case the spec sheet says Birch Plywood and MDF. I suspect the motorboards only in this case and it is amusing to see you not clarify this.

13 hours ago, Dave A said:

When you say something you ought to at least try to be accurate. Unless of course your intent was to stir the pot which I would not rule out. In any case the spec sheet says Birch Plywood and MDF. I suspect the motorboards only in this case and it is amusing to see you not clarify this.

It was Schu who was innacurate; he said it was made from ply.   I was correcting him  ..You really are sensitive about this MDF issue. 

• Like 1