SOLD Beautiful Mcintosh C29 preamp SOLD

jimjimbo

SOLD, thank you all for your interest.

Mcintosh C29 preamplifier - $1200, plus shipping  I know how to package these units, and it will be shipped via Fedex in additional Fedex packaging, and fully insured.

Absolutely beautiful C29 preamp that is feeling lonely sitting on my shelf with no friends to play with.  Recently serviced and full operational checkout by DCS Vintage of Grand Rapids Michigan.  I have had Dan service all of my Mcintosh gear and he is first rate.

Included is an original C29 Owners Manual, and an original C29 Service Manual.  These are not copies or reproductions, they are original documents as produced by Mcintosh.

Excellent condition all the way around, no bubbles on the glass, all switches and pots perform beautifully.  Front panel and glass are flawless.  One item to note:  Apparently the original owner decided to engrave their SSN on the rear of the top panel.   This has been blocked out in the photos.  This is a great sounding preamp with terrific versatility.    I have taken very good care of this, as I do all of my equipment.  Non smoking, low humidity environment.

Two phono inputs

Two Aux inputs

Two tape inputs, two outputs

Two main outputs

Specs from Roger Russell site:

ELECTRICAL: Response 20-20kHz (+0 -0.5dB). Distortion 0.02%. Noise and hum -90dB aux, -80dB phono. Output rated 2.5v. Output impedance 100 ohms. Load impedance 10k. Input sensitivity and impedance: aux 0.25V at 100k, phono 2mV at 47k and 65pF, mic 2.5mV at 10k. Tone controls: bass +20dB to -20dB, treble +18 to-18dB. Headphone amplifier 0.75V at 8 ohms. LF filter 50Hz at 12dB/octave. HF filter 7kHz at 12dB/octave. Voltage gain 20dB aux, 62dB phono.

FRONT PANEL: Glass panel. Illuminated. Balance, Loud, Input selector with indicator lights: aux 1, aux 2, tuner, phono 1, and phono 2, mic. Mode selector with indicator lights: L to L+R, R to L+R, stereo rev, stereo, mono (L+R), L+R to L and L+R to R. Volume, Tone controls: 11 position switched dual concentric bass and treble. Pushbutton switches with indicator lights: tape 1 and tape 2, tape copy: 1 to 2 or 2 to 1, LF-HF filters: on or off. Speakers 1 and 2: on or off. Power: on or off. Headphone jacks, Tape 2 input and output jacks.

TOP PANEL: Headphone level, main output level.

BACK PANEL: Speaker control relay socket. Inputs: aux 1, aux 2, tuner, ph 1, ph 2, mic, tape 1, tape 2. Outputs: main (2 pair), line, tape 1 and tape 2, line. Ground binding post. AC outlets: 4 switched, 2 switched (turntable auto-on). Auto-manual switch. Fuses: turntable and main. Panloc mounting.

Size 5-7/16"H, 16"W and 13"D behind panel. Weight 21 lb. Sold from 1978-1985

IMG_4918 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4919 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4921 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4922 (Medium).JPG

8 minutes ago, KeithMcGowan said:

Does this one have enough gain for low output cartridges? How old is this one approximately?I know somebody that may be seriously interested.

Hi Keith, yes, it does have gain for low output cartridges.  And I would put it at approx. 1982