Klipsch la scala serial info

Ciao,

I need an info before to buy a model of LA SCALA PRO.

I've obtain this serial number 121294067-121294068 from the seller, but I have a doubt about the correctness of this components:

Tweeters K77M seriale 146240137

Meedrange K55M

Searching on the Internet I've found that the serial number starting with 0121 refer to klipschorn model.

Someone can help me?

Thank you in advance.

Stefano

post-23736-1381986099111.jpg.bbb82da855fa554656764042c10d412e.jpg

1 hour ago, Stefano_2018 said:

I've obtain this serial number 121294067-121294068 from the seller, but I have a doubt about the correctness of this components:

Tweeters K77M seriale 146240137

Meedrange K55M 

Hi Stefano, welcome to the Klipsch Forums with your post #1.  I don't have any knowledge about that serial number because you are looking at the pro version of the La Scala known as the LSI, La Scala Industrial.  The name is clearly marked on the back label and you posted a picture of the La Scala directly above, so you are good to go on what model at which you are looking.

The K-77 tweeter is used in both the Klipschorn (we call it a Khorn) and the La Scala.

The K-55m is likewise used in both the Khorn and LS and LSI.

The LSI is well liked by many for its dynamic sound.  Be sure to listen to each speaker driver (tweeter, mid and woofer) to make sure they are producing sound.  It's not unusual for pro Klipsch to have a blown driver because they might have been played too loud or too long in pro audio applications.  If they are it will cost you about $100 each on the used market to replace any of them so figure that into the price of the speakers.

In the US the LSI in good shape sells on the used market for about $943.  Condition and having working drivers in large part determines the price.

Unfortunately, the Pro line follows a different numbering scheme from the "home" models.  You will have to contact Klipsch to see if they can determine the date.  The born on dates of the pro line has been less interesting to the forum, so no one has pursued it.  In addition, Klipsch sold (or Leased) the "Klipsch Professional" name and designs to another company that is no longer in business, around 1998 or 2000.  If it was made by "Klipsch Professional" there are probably no records available anywhere.  You might get an approximate date from the driver date codes. 

There were MANY (thousands?) of La Scalas produced with K-55-M and K-77-M drivers.  Those were produced from 1982 to about 2002-ish when the K-55-X (aka early K-55-V) came back.  If you have a composite K-401 squawker horn, that puts the born on date into the 90s sometime, I cannot recall the year. 

EIA Codes.pdf

Yes, very normal, especially after 1982. 

Another member provided this timeline for the La Scala based on employee and Historian input.  The pro versions should be similar and the parts will help you approximate the production date. 

https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=158642