Pair of La Scalas

Preacher Boy

On 6/30/2018 at 11:47 PM, dtr20 said:

Garage sale section on this forum. Please post pictures

On 6/30/2018 at 11:12 PM, Preacher Boy said:

Have inherited a mint pair of La Scalas, am in N. Cal, wondering best place to try and sell? Please advise, thanks!

Try the picture posting method in my signature.  You can post as many as you like.  Good luck on your sale.  (Why, oh why couldn't you have lived in Tampa?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Condolences on your loss.

Something to consider....  if the loss was recent, you might just sit for 12/24 months and do nothing until this is "somewhat" behind you (as though we can ever get it totally behind us)

Point being, you may find in 5 years that you wished you'd kept them in memory of....

Personally, I'd hold off for now.

• Like 3

I agree with Coytee. Sometimes doing nothing for a bit allows you to get a better perspective on things. 

They are wonderful speakers. Listen to them and enjoy them. Who knows, the bug may bite you.

I am sorry about the circumstances around this sale and I hope things work out for the best.

-Tom

• Like 3

Yeah; no clue.

But this happens over and over again with "newbies."  Tried to buy a couple of things from "newbies," without any response. I find it extremely annoying and think we should have a policy against this ... something like "no sales until a member for x months or feedback of + x.  Just my 2 cents :D 

I agree with that in some respect for sure.  Years ago when I frequented the Polk Audio forum, you had to have 100 posts before selling things.  It was humorous sometimes to watch them post 3 words in any thread to get to 100 posts and then list their item.  Seems like the forum locked their account or got rid of it at that point.  Some people will be very genuine and want to sell things where others will not or they just don't have the time, or really care, to come back and follow up.  Who knows...

• Like 1

An alternative would be to just simply let the seller post their ad. Don't worry about the number of posts they have etc. It does require that the community show some respect and courtesy.

If they never post again - that's okay. If they sell their stuff - that's okay. If they have a price that seems high - that's okay. It's not our problem, so why should we bait and annoy them. What harm did they ever do to us? Look at how people are treated around here. It does not speak well of our community.

Just my opinion,

• Like 3

Does this forum want new members or not?   Seems to be a lot of hostility toward new members.   I have been playing with audio for 18 years and have been collecting klipsch for better than 10 years.   Join a klipsch forum and I'm presented with?..... Interesting.   I don't get some of you I really don't.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh! My apologies, I had NO idea this whole thread happened! I think I misunderstood the MO, and had been patiently waiting for specific responses to come through—I've had quite a few, actually, and have been sending pics out accordingly. It's worth noting that more than a few folks expressed their wishes that I lived elsewhere! Great to see the passion for these speakers out there. I'm generally an "old" musical equipment person, with a collection (an active one, mind you—I do play and record with them!) that includes a turn of the century banjo, a pair of 1936 National Resophonics, a 1938 Martin OOO-18g, etc. 

Anyhow, and mainly, apologies for seeming like a "one and done-er"; definitely not my intention at all, just didn't understand the process!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...