Old Dog looking for basic home theater advice.

Chriskimer

On a whim, would like to update a few components for home theater 75% use, 25% music. (Theater use takes precedent)

What AV Receiver would perform well with the following?   Thoughts and or comments on existing speakers and or potential modest upgrades.

Had the Sony STR DN 1080 in mind, as it is very budget friendly.  Target price would be $1,000 or less,  unless there was a stellar reason to go up to $1500.

Just bought the LG 77 C-8 OLED as the center piece of the home theater. (Moved Pioneer Elite Kuro into bedroom) Outstanding TV !

I already own the following, except the subwoofers, which are being negotiated and purchased while posting this:

2 Klipsch Forte II with Crites upgrades

1 CSC-1 Crites Center Channel

2 SVS PB 2000 (possibly could buy 2 used Klipsch R15 SW locally at a $400 premium) 

2 Infinity R125 Bookshelf speakers.

Also 2 in-ceiling rear speakers, unknown make or model at this time.

Ok, opening up myself to the critique and abuse, lol.  Welcome thoughtful opinions, thanks.

I will let others chime in with their opinions on brands and features, but I've had positive experiences with Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, Integra and Marantz. I don't think a receiver is that important, rather the speakers and room acoustics.

Whatever receiver you buy now will be somewhat outdated in just a few months; it's how things go. But keep an eye on the HDK, 4K, Atmos, yada yada yada, and whichever features you want/need.

If I were in your shoes, I would head over to accessories4less . com and browse their refurbished options - you can find heavily discounted items. I bought a Denon 4520 from them and it worked perfectly.

• Thanks 1