Gas or electric oven? What's everyone's preference if you could choose.

avguytx

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Your natural gas generator will take care of that.

What I mean is all new appliances have hookups to Wi-Fi for cell phone control. So How do they do that technically with gas stoves?

JJK

It's mainly the baking part as most all are push button control for the oven part anyway.  Knobs are what control the top burners and you don't really power those on and off.  I don't think so anyway.  The Whirlpool gas or electric oven we're going to get has those control capabilities on them; it's kind of cool but not sure how often it will be used.  No one really cooks any frozen dinners, pizzas, etc.

I also have a (regular) gas generator that will be tied into the breaker panel to power the fridge, oven and some kitchen lights in case of power outages.  The fireplace would supply "some" heat if that did happen....which it doesn't too much in central Arkansas.  But better safe than sorry.  At least that way, we can stay warm, eat, and have some outlets for power.

33 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

What I mean is all new appliances have hookups to Wi-Fi for cell phone control. So How do they do that technically with gas stoves?

JJK

Now that I think about it, my central heater and pool heater both have electronic controls and ignition.  It wouldn't be that hard to enable Wi-Fi with those gas units.

19 minutes ago, T2K said:

I can't wait until that electronic toilet paper becomes available. Then I won't even have to wipe my own a$$. And I can order it from the Analzon too!

Keith

What are you waiting for?  It's here!

electric corn cob.jpg

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

They hate it when you get their name wrong.

Why don't they let you name your own and provide a voice?  Maybe change the mood, while we're at it.  You could imagine having a much larger staff to handle your affairs.  The butler, the chef, the maid, the maiden... hmmm....   Or whatever organization over which your id wants to preside.

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Why don't they let you name your own and provide a voice?  Maybe change the mood, while we're at it.  You could imagine having a much larger staff to handle your affairs.  The butler, the chef, the maid, the maiden... hmmm....   Or whatever organization over which your id wants to preside.

I thought we were talking about wives....

9 hours ago, T2K said:

I can't wait until that electronic toilet paper becomes available. Then I won't even have to wipe my own a$$. And I can order it from the Analzon too!

Be careful of a returned unit...

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:
5 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I thought we were talking about wives....

Oh.  😜