Cornscala for sale

Dave A

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

It would be a shame if they sold on EBay for $1,000 before they sold here for much less.

Yes, it would be a shame, including the seller giving eBay that much money on the sale.  Dave, do you need a nice amp?  *<;o)

IF I were to trade for anything it would be a Xilica 4080. Just bought an Integra 50.4 and if I get amps they will be something like the Crown xli 800 which can be had for $200+ new to go with my future Super MWM and 402 build. My needs are very narrow right now and mostly I want to make my pile smaller.

I don't like giving EBay money and hope they sell on Craigslist first but the main thing for me is to get my money back and move on.

Just to sweeten the pot these Quartet cabinets I have been trying to give away are the super duper bonus with the Cornscalas. They have grilles but no badges since someone decided to sell them. With all the I love Quartet posts I see that these are not gone has been a mystery to me. I know it cant be because I am asking too much.

Guest wdecho

Probably more to do with the season, summer instead of winter when one is forced to stay inside more. Fantastic deal for someone, it is not the price but the market right now.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 2:12 PM, Pete H said:

Just can't believe that nobody has snatched these up.  Great deal, they will sound better than stock Cornwalls and your buying them done for less than pieces and parts, let alone the time to build.  

Bump and I am surprised they are still here too.

Regarding Cornscalas, I am in Bon Aqua,Tennessee Dickson,Tn,I notice your are south of Nashville . Where? I have a pair of like new Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference

Monitors in Cherry finish.Fantastic speakere in a smaller room,as I have always had Klipsch in my20x24 room.Interested in any trades?

Edited by Robinhood1940
Add information

11 hours ago, Robinhood1940 said:

Regarding Cornscalas, I am in Bon Aqua,Tennessee Dickson,Tn,I notice your are south of Nashville . Where? I have a pair of like new Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference

Monitors in Cherry finish.Fantastic speakere in a smaller room,as I have always had Klipsch in my20x24 room.Interested in any trades?

Sorry but no trades for speakers as I am trying to whittle the piles down to just what I like and or actively listen to. I am in Giles County off of I-65 exit 27.  You would probably come down HWY7 through Columbia and you are welcome to stop in and listen if you wish.

• Like 1

Had a guy contact me regarding these Cornscalas. The MDO plywood certainly matches the color and was something I have been reading on to consider using for a Chorus build of perhaps a Super MWM. From what I read it is durable and solid material that should be good for this.

Those were an early prototype of the Cornscalas, maybe the first ones Bob built in a fully enclosed cabinet for a show in Hope, AR.  The material that they're made from is a combination of MDF and Plywood called  MDO (Medium Density Overlay) that didn't seem to work very well in Bob's estimation.  They abandoned that material, so I'm betting they're really, really heavy.

I'm a collector/restorer over in Chattanooga and they're interesting speakers from a historical significance but I'm betting they're hard to move along due to the size and industrial look.