Converting khorns to 2way

AHall

You want hear a difference and there is very little musical information above 17 KH. You’ll just ruin the finest speaker in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree! The maximum a human can hear is 20 k, but that’s mainly children and into twenties. Most adults can only hear up to about 17k or 18k. As you get older 40’s - 50’s you can only hear around 10k to 12k So it doesn’t matter if the horn goes to 40k and you turn it up. You’re ears only hear what they hear. I’m 59 and I’ve played music most of my life. I wear hearing aids and can only hear up to 8k.

Plus as Tony stated there’s not much musical information above 17k.

Just my two cents worth.

You probably know this....but PWK also wanted to take the Khorn back to a 2-way speaker.....and the Jubilee was born.

Food for thought in case you want an excuse to bring home yet another pair of refrigerators!!

Divorce attorney is optional  :emotion-14:

1 hour ago, Terry Palmer said:

I agree! The maximum a human can hear is 20 k, but that’s mainly children and into twenties. Most adults can only hear up to about 17k or 18k. As you get older 40’s - 50’s you can only hear around 10k to 12k So it doesn’t matter if the horn goes to 40k and you turn it up. You’re ears only hear what they hear. I’m 59 and I’ve played music most of my life. I wear hearing aids and can only hear up to 8k.

Plus as Tony stated there’s not much musical information above 17k.

Just my two cents worth.

All you say is true.  But I have owned Reference 3a Grand  Veenas which have a super tweeter which augments the main tweeter out to 30k. When covering this tweeter you can sense a loss of ambience and air around instruments. I know I can't hear even close to those frequencies, but the change is audible.

Shakey

All you say is true.  But I have owned Reference 3a Grand  Veenas which have a super tweeter which augments the main tweeter out to 30k. When covering this tweeter you can sense a loss of ambience and air around instruments. I know I can't hear even close to those frequencies, but the change is audible.

Shakey

That’s interesting, so maybe it’s not as much of a frequency thing, as it is an openness sound. I have a pair of Fortes and Hersey HD’s. It seems I can never tell if the tweeters are working until I stick my ear right up against them. But I know they are by the presence of air, cymbals, bells, brushes and etc.

3 hours ago, Coytee said:

You probably know this....but PWK also wanted to take the Khorn back to a 2-way speaker.....and the Jubilee was born.

Food for thought in case you want an excuse to bring home yet another pair of refrigerators!!

Divorce attorney is optional  :emotion-14:

This referring to me? What refrigerator are you speaking of getting? 

They don't sound like refrigerators.

That's a key point: using your ears first (and foremost)...instead of your eyes.  It works out better in the long haul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

They don't sound like refrigerators.

Sir, I beg to differ.....  If there is a refrigerator heard on the TV or a weird recording.....  they will indeed sound just like refrigerators!!

Nice ones too!

:emotion-14:

Now the question becomes, just what am I listening to up here that has refrigerator recordings on it?? 

157268[1].gif