Placement for Heresy III's...

In the interest of consistency and the reduction of confusion,

the wall behind the front speakers is the front wall,

and the wall behind the rear speakers is the rear wall.

Each room has only one front wall and only one rear/back wall.  

That should be easy to remember.

5 hours ago, Islander said:

In the interest of consistency and the reduction of confusion,

Each room has only one front wall and only one rear/back wall.  

correct -and 2 side walls

On 6/30/2020 at 11:12 PM, RandyH 000 said:

correct -and 2 side walls

True, but most of the speakers will be nearer to the front or rear walls.  You do have a point, though.  When someone mentions a Left Side wall, for example, but is not clear on which way he or she is facing, that can introduce confusion.  When someone mentions the Main speakers and then refers to the wall behind them as the rear wall, and then goes on to refer to the wall behind the sitting position and the Rear speakers as the rear wall also, you can see how that can be really confusing.  Reading posts like that can make you dizzy.

So this may seem like a small point, but it's an essential point.  I don't want to disparage anyone, but some of the postings that are requests for help can be tricky to understand, so if at least one thing can be generally agreed on, then the call for help is more likely to get helpful answers, or at least some kind of reply.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Islander said:

True, but most of the speakers will be nearer to the front or rear walls.  You do have a point, though.  When someone mentions a Left Side wall, for example, but is not clear on which way he or she is facing, that can introduce confusion.  When someone mentions the Main speakers and then refers to the wall behind them as the rear wall, and then goes on to refer to the wall behind the sitting position and the Rear speakers as the rear wall also, you can see how that can be really confusing.  Reading posts like that can make you dizzy.

So this may seem like a small point, but it's an essential point.  I don't want to disparage anyone, but some of the postings that are requests for help can be tricky to understand, so if at least one thing can be generally agreed on, then the call for help is more likely to get helpful answers, or at least some kind of reply.

the reference in the room is always to be the listener. The wall in front of the listener is then the front wall. A video screen is placed in front of the viewer on the "front wall". If someone told you that they had placed their video screen on the "rear wall" we would all wonder why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 years later...
On 6/29/2020 at 11:42 PM, wuzzzer said:

I guess he might still need this advice, but it was posted almost two years ago. 

Why does anyone care about thread being dead? So strange to me. If I am looking for answers I dont care how old the thread is. I dont skip dead threads. Whenever I find the thread, it is new to me and anyone else that comes across the thread after it stops gaining additional comments.

So weird...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony Dennison said:

Why does anyone care about thread being dead? So strange to me. If I am looking for answers I dont care how old the thread is. I dont skip dead threads. Whenever I find the thread, it is new to me and anyone else that comes across the thread after it stops gaining additional comments.

So weird...

I'm with you, Tony. But some members seem to enjoy patrolling the forums and calling out the replies to old threads. Everyone needs a purpose in life, you know.

4 hours ago, Tony Dennison said:

So weird...

Welcome @Tony DennisonDennison... enjoy the archives.

Welcome to the Forum, Tony!

The issue with old threads is that some are started by a person who never posts again, but sometimes the responses keep coming for literally years after the poster has disappeared.  The Forum is meant to be interactive, but that example isn't.

However, if you find anything useful in the archives, be my guest.  Really.  Who knows what you'll find?  I've been here since 2006, and I learn a lot every month, never mind every year.  I thought I knew a lot at the start, but man, was I wrong. Happy listening!

• 2 weeks later...