heresy

graydy

54 minutes ago, graydy said:

Just rebuilt xover in Heresy1 with crites, big differance for the good, anyway has anyone put insulation in the cabs, if so what was the results, mine dont have any...thanks peeps

It may not be "needed" by some, but you may find it to be an improvement, to your ears.  Get a few pieces of closed cell eggcrate  foam, and temporarily attach some to interior of the back panel, the sides and top.   You can use blue painters tape to attach it for a short time.   Place the rear panel back on, and listen.  If you don't like it, fine.  Not a giant investment to experiment.  You may also enjoy this thread.....

It may not be "needed" by some, but you may find it to be an improvement, to your ears.  Get a few pieces of closed cell eggcrate  foam, and temporarily attach some to interior of the back panel, the sides and top.   You can use blue painters tape to attach it for a short time.   Place the rear panel back on, and listen.  If you don't like it, fine.  Not a giant investment to experiment.  You may also enjoy this thread.....

I’m sure if it was necessary Colonel Klipsch would have used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When foam is added to a cabinet, it can increase the bass response to an extent. However, you would not use closed cell foam. Either use open cell foam or (pressed) fiberglass.

IMHO, most attempts I see that are aimed at improving Klipsch designs usually fail. My 2 cents ......

When foam is added to a cabinet, it can increase the bass response to an extent. However, you would not use closed cell foam. Either use open cell foam or (pressed) fiberglass.
IMHO, most attempts I see that are aimed at improving Klipsch designs usually fail. My 2 cents ......

If Paul Wilbur Klipsch saw any benefit in stuffing his speaker designs he would have used it. I chose Klipsch because I believe they are the best and any second guessing to his designs will not improve them and probably hinder their performance.

Yes and no.

There are things done in the design and production that are aimed at reducing costs, improving reliability, ease of production, etc. The DIYer is not constrained by those considerations. That said, the best path to getting improvements usually requires a clear goal, background knowledge and some sort of before and after measurements. Unfortunately the approach of "gosh what will happen if ..." typically, but not always, ignores those requirements.

If Paul Wilbur Klipsch saw any benefit in stuffing his speaker designs he would have used it. I chose Klipsch because I believe they are the best and any second guessing to his designs will not improve them and probably hinder their performance.

as PWK was fond of saying… Bullshit.