Klipsch Cornwalls taking up space...is there a market for them?

leslieg

New to Forum. My late husband loved these speakers and we haven't used them in years - he called them 'a decorators worse nightmare' and he was right. They don't have a scratch on them. I'm getting ready to downsize and would like to sell them.

Anyone in the Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Antonio interested in purchasing or know of a reseller/collector? Reluctant to post on Craigslist or eBay.

Pictures attached (I think). Not the greatest... i had no idea how fricking heavy they were!

Leslie

archive (1).zip

• Like 1

Take pictures from all angles.  Use the low quality setting on your phone, limit is 2mb.  Post them in the for sale section and feel free to ask a couple veterans to PM you with a fair price.  Providing a phone number if they are nice and priced well and they will more than likely move quickly.  Us audio mart is another free and great place to post if you don't get hits here.  

thanks wcd! i will have to move them around and get a bunch of pics. they don't have a scratch on them. we ended up getting a klipsch center speaker for our house in 2001 and it's doing the job...the rest of the equipment is vintage as well...linn turntable, mac tuner, etc. i need to listen to it more often.

• Like 1

thanks wcd! i will have to move them around and get a bunch of pics. they don't have a scratch on them. we ended up getting a klipsch center speaker for our house in 2001 and it's doing the job...the rest of the equipment is vintage as well...linn turntable, mac tuner, etc. i need to listen to it more often.

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Hi Leslie.  I'm terribly sorry for your loss and I'm sure it's not easy dealing with some of the items he loved.  Let me give you a little information, then I have a suggestion.

I live in West Virginia and would not be a buyer for your speakers.  I am just trying to help you as you asked.  Just so you know a little of our lingo if someone makes a post and ends it with GLWYS that means "I am not a potential buyer, but Good Luck With Your Sale."  That will help you know those forum members who are not interested in buying.

There is a Notification icon which looks like a Bell.  If you see one be sure and click on it because it means someone wanted to notify you specifically, either by quoting your post, or by highlighting your name with an asterisk, and it looks like @leslieg

The Klipsch Cornwall is a very good speaker and it has value on the used market.  In addition, in particular there seems to be a good market in Texas for used Klipsch if you price them according to fair market value, which I'll get to in a moment.  In general if you want top dollar out of them it might take a month to sell them, and if you just want to move them out quickly you can price them for a quick sale as well.

I appreciate your offering them here on the Klipsch forums first because I think you will find most of us probably loved Klipsch the way your husband did.  We also feel as you do, we would prefer to buy and sell to known people rather than Craigslist if we can.

Cornwalls hold up very well over time and probably play just as well now as they did when new.  My suggestion is that they have the most value to you and your family and I suggest you pass them down to a family member if you can.  That gift of music can be shared and your husband remembered every time they are played.

Again, I know this is a difficult time.  Let us know if you need anything. 

-Dave

• Like 8

Aw, thanks Dave - you made me tear up! 

No one in the family would use or appreciate them like he did, he'd much rather them go to someone that would keep them in the condition they're in and enjoy the heck out of them. 

Now i need to find a jaguar forum and a kindler & collins forum and I can start moving other things I was not allowed to play with in the 29 yrs we were married!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, leslieg said:

Aw, thanks Dave - you made me tear up! 

Well Leslie, you just made me tear up too! 

I hope our Klipsch family can help your family in this difficult time.

• Like 1

As others have said, sorry for your loss. They will find a new home and be loved. If you post pictures of the other gear, Mac especially, you might find buyers here as well. Is there a big pile of vinyl LPs to go with that Linn turntable? If so I'm all ears.

• Like 1

Hi Leslie,

Sorry for your loss. My condolences.

As many people stated; those are great speakers (I have a pair) and wanted by many Klipsch enthusiasts. You can list them on "CraigsList" or on "OfferUp" and someone will buy them quickly (probably for resale).  Or ... you can list them here and be sure that they will be "cherised" and "appreciated" by the next owner.

Best Regards, Emile

• Like 2

I am sorry about your loss and wish you the best with selling these. This forum has some true enthusiasts and there will most likely be someone here who will cherish them. If you stick around after the sale, you will probably be able to see photos of them in their new home. The condition and veneer make these highly desirable and you should be able to command a decent premium for them. As others have mentioned, it best practice to PM some forum members about a fair price then put them up in the garage sale section with the price, location and pictures. 

My condolences to you about your loss, you came to the right place for help. There is a hockey sock full of people here that can help you out, and highly probable someone here will purchase them from you, this place is like family in a lot of ways....GLWYS.