Please help identify my Heresy speakers

GaryBlack

I have an old pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers. I believe them to be H-700 or maybe even as some might call from what i have been able to research Heresy 1.5. No markings in or outside of the cabinet to help on either speaker.  I am looking for replacement speakers, original if possible for them. I am not super technical but can work my way through most stuff. The stamping on the drivers are just as bad in the other cabinet, sorry!  Thanks in advance for any information and or advice.  Have a great day.

Gary 

Preview attachment IMG_6662.JPGPreview attachment IMG_6661.JPG

I couldn't get the pictures to work on my phone, so I can't see the speakers. If they are in fact H-700, that would put them in the late 1960s to early 1970s. Later they became as just heresy. The heresy 1.5 was later in between the heresy and the heresy 2.

Sometimes you can find replacement woofers on eBay for the heresy speakers. There are some people on this forum that have spare parts like that. Bob Crites makes replacement parts for klipsch speakers. He has woofers that fit heresies among other speakers. Check out the link below. Feel free to call or email Bob of you have any questions or concerns, he is a very nice and knowledgeable person.

https://critesspeakers.com/prices-other_stuff.html

Thank you both for the reply. I guess working my way through uploading pictures is not so good!!! The link for Crites web site was very helpful and i should be able to work my way through any repairs with the information on his site.  My step father brought me a really old pair of KG4 yesterday as well.  Needs a new tweeter for that as well. He helps out at a electronics store ans someone just dropped them off and said here you go.  He took them for  me. I like free stuff, especially Klipsch. They will be a nice addition once i clean them up and get them running. 

After my old pair of Chorus got destroyed i have never been the same. Bought them new in 88 and laid them to rest in 2015.  Thank you again for the help

DTR20, WOW! Bob Crites is quick. thank you again for the link. I am now off to the races to rebuild my babies.  Have an amazing day.  

Bob wrote:  Those are Heresy Is made late in the production time for Heresy !.  Made from about 1983 to 1985.  That is the version we often call the Heresy 1.5 since it used the midrange that the later Heresy II used.  Also has the E-2 crossovers only used on that version to accommodate the new midrange driver.

The first thing to do is get the crossover up to spec.  The crossover capacitors are only good fro about 20 years, so those are out of spec by now.  A kit of the pairs to rebuild a pair or E-2 crossovers is $47.00.  Or you can used them to us for rebuild.  Price for that is $100.00 for parts and labor.  $15.00 for return shipping.

Or, we can build. you completely new E-2 crossovers.  Price is $190.00 per pair.

After that, I suggest replacing the K-77 tweeters with a better tweeter, our CT120.  The CT120 is better in every way than the original K-77.  Price is $225.00 per pair.

Gary