Forte III arrived damaged, WWYD

Sam S.

Thanks for all the help/advice! Update: I was offered $50 to keep these, and I declined. They will be going back. Hassle yes, but I will start saving for another pair. Shakey: Yes, that makes sense but I'll note that blemished was not disclosed by the seller -- and certainly not dented up like it was. A member of another forum received a pair with similar damage to mine. I'd like to think they didn't leave the factory - or wouldn't have allowed them to leave the factory that way. Who knows for sure when they were damaged. At any rate, I wanted to post in case anyone else had a similar experience. I hope the return goes OK, and thanks for the advice about alternative dealers. I could have dealt with some slight blemishes in the veneer -- e.g. slight discolorations, had that been disclosed for the price. But these were pretty beat up.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 7:08 PM, Sam S. said:

Thanks for all the help/advice! Update: I was offered $50 to keep these, and I declined. They will be going back. Hassle yes, but I will start saving for another pair. Shakey: Yes, that makes sense but I'll note that blemished was not disclosed by the seller -- and certainly not dented up like it was. A member of another forum received a pair with similar damage to mine. I'd like to think they didn't leave the factory - or wouldn't have allowed them to leave the factory that way. Who knows for sure when they were damaged. At any rate, I wanted to post in case anyone else had a similar experience. I hope the return goes OK, and thanks for the advice about alternative dealers. I could have dealt with some slight blemishes in the veneer -- e.g. slight discolorations, had that been disclosed for the price. But these were pretty beat up.

SAD!!!  Based on the boxes and the whole thing, they knew what they were selling.  $50 is really an insult.  You can't even veneer them for $50.  

I would steer clear myself.

Thanks, Shu --- I don't see this on the site, other than discounted special edition Ebony for $1,899 ea. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong spot? Thanks to forum members who offered input and suggestion to contact Cory. I will do that soon. My theory here is that Adorama got a deal with Klipsch to buy a batch of B-stock, blems, or otherwise "un-sellable as new" Forte's. The problem is that they didn't open them up when they received them, to inspect, and they didn't disclose any damage or defects in advance to potential buyers. I inspected the boxes mine came in, and they had the original tape on them - so they weren't opened up before sending to me. No damage to the box makes me think they might've left the factory that way. That's hard to believe, I dunno. Some may have gotten lucky with slight blems, others much worse like mine. At any rate, they are going back tomorrow. Here's the labels --- and I'm not sure why they didn't take the time to pull consecutive serial #'s --- it says right there on the label (another issue). Maybe this indicates some info., maybe not. Just wanted to post a follow up in the event it might help someone else in the future. THX.

p.s. My 11 year old daughter, who is into ELO, Styx, and Tom Petty, begged me to keep these. She loves them,  but I said -- you'll get these someday when I'm gone, so we want them to be "mint". I reassured her we would be ordering replacements --- it just may cost a little more and take more time to save up.

SN1.jpg

SN2.jpg

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Indeed it said up to 50% off.  The Forte III are regular price currently.   Damn I wish they were 50% off 

You and I both.  Of course Klipsch is only discounting Reference series speakers, as normal.  :angry: