AV RECEIVERS- BUY "OLD" or "NEW" VALUE VS TECH

Chriskimer

carlthess40- came with R & L XLR Diamond from AudioQuest. Chocolate HDMI & Optical Cables as well.

So far very happy with setup.  I have a question, however, when i turn the volume dial up, it takes a reading of 50-75 (digital readout on Marantz) to produce good sound.  It gets loud over 80.  Is that normal?  Seems high to me to have to get to 50 just to have a low volume?

I recommend reaching out to Steve Herrala from this site http://www.soundvideo.com/author/steve-herrala/ . He's one of the largest if not the largest dealer for Marantz. I got an incredible deal from him on a brand new 8802A back in 2016. If I'm not mistaken, he does trade-ins so he may have used stuff as well. Anyway, being the largest dealer gives him ability to provide unique deals. Also has a wealth of info on Marantz. He should be able to help you pin down the right model for your needs at the right price. He's also a regular at AVSforum and goes by SteveH. Good luck! 

Update: Looks like I missed the part where you already picked up your loot. Well done! Well, advise for anyone else who may be looking into Marantz anyway.

Edited by catman0122
Update
  • Thanks 1