Klipsch Belles Austin, TX SOLD

awsjr

my Belles are for sale.. $1100... local pickup Austin TX... bought these for a project 20 yrs ago and I realize have taken them as far as I am going to...

new Crites tweeter diaphragms,  new original Klipsch cane grill cloth on the top hats... new 12 awg silver plated wire and quick disconnects through out... AB XO's...

cabinets are scratched, all done by the previous owner... Oak Lacquer...serial 4X682 (1982)... 

my plan was to refinish, probably veneer... as above, grill cloth on the top hats is new but I will include original Klipsch cane grill cloth for the bass cabinets if the buyer is interested...  .. 

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

• Like 2

Price looks good to me especially with the high performance XO.  I know the cabs look rough but you would be surprised how some hand sanding can smooth that out.  Then match the stain, add a poly protective finish and you've got some lookers that sound great.  You would have to invest some time sanding and staining but it would really be worth your effort IMO.

GLWYS

Definitely a great deal for someone and those cane grills are quite sexy.  These aren't the hardest speakers to re-veneer since there are grills on the bass bins; your veneer wouldn't go all the way inside.  The top section comes apart and those pieces are pretty easy to work with.