Monster Cable

Kain

First of all, what is all that "MLock Master Pin" stuff? Some Monster Cables have it and some don't. What exactly is it? Do I need it?

Secondly, would you prefer the "MCX-1s Biwire Speaker Cable" or the "MCX-2s Speaker Cable?"

I prefer the extension cord 9.gif

j/k

It probably won't make a difference, just buy what you like. I have IXOS bi-wire for my RF-3's, Monster cable 16 gauge for my center not bi-wired, and Acoustic Research 14 gauge for my rears, I think, I don't think it's 12 gauge, ah crap, I'll have to go look now 8.gif

Here's a hint, don't waste all you money on wires 9.gif

Kain, I just spent $1.00 a foot on some cable when I got my second set of surrounds and rear speaker. This was NOT monster. As a matter of fact, the store didn't even carry monster cable speaker wire which now that I think about it seems odd because they are a reputable small chain here in Oregon, California and Washington State. Not only that but they sell Monster interconnects? For what it's worth, can tell a damn bit of difference between the monster and these.

hmmmm odd.

Anyway, brings me back to what I had told you a few weeks ago. The guys in the AVIA video said just go to the local hardware store and pic up some standard 12 gague wire.

Now then your hearing this from a guy who just spent $50.00 on a set of interconnects when I could have gone a lot cheaper.4.gif

Moon

Interconnects are more important than speaker wire. Basically anything in front of your amp, will show more flaws in the system.

FYI - I am running all cobalt cable interconnects, price of Monster, but better quality. For speaker wire, I am running all 12 GA, Home Depot bargain wire.

JM

I use the MCX-1S (not be-wire) and like them. I felt I got more bass & soundstage (I have KSF 8.5's). Nice looking wires also. A lot of people don't hear any difference, if you can demo a pair that might be best.

And you know there is more to this hobby than preformance. Asthetics are part of the pride we have in our system. Ebay seems to always have a nice selection of wires & cables--some of those bi-wire sets there now as well as some of their more premium items. May be a way to stretch your dollar4.gif.