NLA: Marantz 1060 Int. Amp, Restored

Bonzo

I have a beautiful and completely re-capped/restored Marantz 1060. This is an early model, four digit serial number, with engraved champagne face plate and extra internal bracing. It has a custom made and flawless walnut case made by Cartwright’s Cabinets in SO Michigan. All electrolytic capacitors were replaced with quality Nichicon, Wima and Elna caps depending on location and function. Various troublesome transistors and resistors were replaced. New thermal compound applied to the output transistors. All functions and internal components were cleaned and lubed. I have all the old parts that will be included.  It works without any issues and sounds awesome. The only cosmetic issue is someone, not me, tried to shove a polarized plug into one of the auxiliary outlets. The top is a bit cracked. I don’t have the original pre/main jumpers but installed AudioQuest jumpers. I hate to part with it but I have too much gear and other priorities. Sorry, I am road kill on the modern devices. I haven’t quite figured out how to reduce the size of the pictures. I can send additional pictures to interested members. I’m asking $550 for it but will consider reasonable offers. This is for local pickup in Redding, CA. I am willing to travel a bit for the right deal. Any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you!

42CC0D29-44BF-4C77-8B33-9DCC6652DCBD.jpeg

• Like 3

Hello Steve,

Glad to hear the Music Hall is still serving you well. I got a couple of quotes for packing, shipping and insurance for another member. To the mid-west it was between $75 to $100 which I think is a bit ridiculous. Also, I would hate for this beautiful amp to get damaged. Short of using a nuclear containment vault, they can damage just about anything.  

• Like 1

I've had Marantz fever lately. Trying to control myself here.....

The Model 140 amp I just bought was restored with the same exact caps you mentioned above. Thing sounds fricken amazing.

That 1060 has a boatload of respect. Man, I'm thinking hard about this one.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bonzo said:

I got a couple of quotes for packing, shipping and insurance for another member. To the mid-west it was between $75 to $100 which I think is a bit ridiculous.  

Yikes! It shouldn't be that much. It's not that bad to ship as it's not that heavy. I packed one myself last year and it was 45 cdn to send it to central Canada. 
If no one bites in the US send me a PM and we can work something out. I do want it. ;)

GLWS

I have a beautiful and completely re-capped/restored Marantz 1060. This is an early model, four digit serial number, with engraved champagne face plate and extra internal bracing. It has a custom made and flawless walnut case made by Cartwright’s Cabinets in SO Michigan. All electrolytic capacitors were replaced with quality Nichicon, Wima and Elna caps depending on location and function. Various troublesome transistors and resistors were replaced. New thermal compound applied to the output transistors. All functions and internal components were cleaned and lubed. I have all the old parts that will be included.  It works without any issues and sounds awesome. The only cosmetic issue is someone, not me, tried to shove a polarized plug into one of the auxiliary outlets. The top is a bit cracked. I don’t have the original pre/main jumpers but installed AudioQuest jumpers. I hate to part with it but I have too much gear and other priorities. Sorry, I am road kill on the modern devices. I haven’t quite figured out how to reduce the size of the pictures. I can send additional pictures to interested members. I’m asking $550 for it but will consider reasonable offers. This is for local pickup in Redding, CA. I am willing to travel a bit for the right deal. Any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you!

42CC0D29-44BF-4C77-8B33-9DCC6652DCBD.thumb.jpeg.19d0a5f98c27bdc2785d8f07b78f8905.jpeg
Beautiful, fantastic Job!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I just want to reaffirm that I will NOT ship the Marantz. If I don’t sell it locally, I will keep it. FYI, I will be in Southern Oregon early next week and plan to go to the Sacramento and the San Francisco area in the near future. 

Thanks

• Sad 1

I love my 1060. I had too many subs going and it bounced off of a six foot high shelf. I reconnected the speakers and plugged in a new pair of ICs and it still worked perfectly. I would have bought yours if you would have shipped, but I’m glad you’re keeping it. It’s beautiful and they sound amazing.