For Sale: Pair of Klipsch Horn

pythagore

I have the following pair of Klipsch horn for sale in excellent condition. Manufacturer date 1977.

I bough them in 2007 from a fellow klipshter (he bought them new in the early 80s). I have been using them once a week (2-3 hours on Saturdays) whenever I'm home

I have upgraded the tweeter and cross-over with Bob Crites A4500/CF125 kit.

I also updated the mid-range diaphragm with diaphragm from Bob Crites.

since I don't have a perfect corner, I have created two false corners as per klipsch instructions.(They are included if you want them)

The two wings are just for cosmetics, they have absolutely no effect on the sound. I have the original wings as well.

Asking $2000 for them.  I'm in Ottawa (Kanata) Canada, of course no shipping, pickup only at my house.

See attached pics.

thanks,

khorn_front.jpg

khorn_zoom.jpg

khorn_side.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I'm in New York... A few hours away..

What would be the duty tax ?

Duty tax?  For some old second hand, dusty speakers with Crites upgrades everywhere, made in the middle of the last century?  The tax couldn't be more than twenty bucks, thirty tops. 

Mr. @pythagore or the original owner already paid the duty tax to get them into Canada.  You're just bringing them home. 

I suggest you make your arrangements now to lock in your $1522 usd Khorns and go rent a little enclosed Uhaul to sneak them across the border. B)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Duty tax?  For some old second hand, dusty speakers with Crites upgrades everywhere, made in the middle of the last century?  The tax couldn't be more than twenty bucks, thirty tops.

I suggest you make your arrangements now to lock in your $1522 usd Khorns and go rent a little enclosed Uhaul to sneak them across the border.  B)

@dirtmudd that's a weird song.  :wacko:

Still, great production value.  I bet it will sound great on your new Khorns.  :D

+++

I had 1978 Khorns with the Crites A/4500 XO and an upgraded tweeter.  Plug and play man, you're gonna like what you hear.

9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

@dirtmudd that's a weird song.  :wacko:

Still, great production value.  I bet it will sound great on your new Khorns.  :D

+++

I had 1978 Khorns with the Crites A/4500 XO and an upgraded tweeter.  Plug and play man, you're gonna like what you hear.

Just need a treetop flier to sneak them in...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I'm really looking for a nice example klipschorn  decorators .... I need the open tops.. To fit under my windows..

The mid range horn and driver stick out the back of the decorator like a sore thumb. Do you stick that through the window?

JJK

42 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

The mid range horn and driver stick out the back of the decorator like a sore thumb. Do you stick that through the window?

JJK

It clears under the windows...

With the decorators....

But with the top hats enclosed...

It won't work... And I like the Spartan look...

But a well dressed klipschorns...

Kicks azzz

4 hours ago, pythagore said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I already have someone local coming to see them tomorrow.

No problem, I was just trying to egg on Mr. @dirtmudd to pick up a great deal!

The important thing is that you have a safe sale and get what you want price-wise out of them.  👍